Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Methedor's Avatar

4503 Office 365 (Business) Scan

Hello. I know at a glance that this should be under connectivity. However I think there must be some setting in the copier that I am missing; maybe SP. I keep getting a transmission error and Options 1 and 2 (MX Record) of Microsoft's connectivity failed. However when a temporary machine (another 4503) was placed in that the standard smtp.office365.com functions fine. Here has what has been tried with Local IT's assistance:

1) smtp.office365.com
    Port: 587, 465, 25
    SSL = ON
    SMTP AUTH: Correct Credentials (The password was even reset to ensure correct password)

2) MX Record
    Port: 25
    SSL = On and Off
    SMTP AUTH: Both On and Off

3) Attempts at making a connector AKA Microsfot's Option 3

4) Bypass Intelligent Switches

5) Removed from Client network to Office

6) Gmail was previously working (Client Cooperate decided to Migrate to Office 365) Was able to get connectionat office using non-Office 365 SMTP.

7) The Machine at Client's second location works with MC Records. Have done a Data Export with Unique, Import to troublesome unit failed.

8) Firmware was updated

9) System Log has indicated "SMTPC: received error code [550] (8000)" Looking the Error code up it appeared to be variants of: The target mailbox doesn't exist. Local IT was able to log into the authenticating email account.

So as you can tell I think there is something specific to this machine that isn't playing nice with Office 365. Is there something I am missing? I've been trying to figure out a correct configuration of STUNNEL on my laptop in the office. So far I haven't been able to get it to connect.

Thank you all for reading and responding.

Re: 4503 Office 365 (Business) Scan

Office 365 only supports TLS 2.0 , NO SSL Ricoh's don't support TLS

However in Office 365 their IT can setup a mail relay

or go back to gmail

3rd party app STUNNEL not recommend as ALL future email calls are on you.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    or go back to gmail
    Agreed. This was my first thought as I read through the post. Why can't they continue to use the credentials from a Gmail account for sending.
    Unfortunately, I don't have any advice on fixing the smtp.office365.com setup, but when I run across a similar situation, as I did yesterday, I find it easier to simply setup an SMTP2go account for the client, and configure it that way, rather then spend hours trying to sort out something that may not have a solution. They also had a couple of older machines that certainly wouldn't have worked with office 365.
    In my case, I often end up being the their default "IT Person", and they just want a solution

Re: bsm
    Thank you for the response. However I recall that at least the 4503 has TLS 1.2, which admittedly still isn't TLS 2.0. That being said the current 4503 that is there is functioning using Port 587 without issue. wouldn't it be rejected if the machine couldn't support TLS 2.0? Have I misunderstood something? Additionally, Thank You for the Stunnel warning/advisement.

Re: Sandmanmac
    Thanks for your response as well. It is a company and they have decided what they want. If it doens't function like they'd like they will move to a different vendor. I would love them to have stayed with Gmail. I believe it was a Business level account. As for the specific question of using the old credentials. I didn't specifically ask as they were fairly insistent and of course would reference the one I got to work by recommending MX records and now the current replacement.
    Last edited by Methedor; 05-30-2019 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Response

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Have you set the administrator email address (in file transfer) the same as the smtp auth email address?
    Also is it on same or different ip address from previous machine, sometimes there has to be an exception made for the copier to scan (maybe by ip address im not sure)
    Lastly just incase you hadn't already done so, check gateway and dns settings are all correct.

Re: Slimslob. Thank you. I had already referenced the document. Though admittedly there might of been something I missed on the Connector in option 3. The steps are fairly prominent.

Re: JayPaul
    "Have you set the administrator email address (in file transfer) the same as the smtp auth email address?
    Also is it on same or different ip address from previous machine, sometimes there has to be an exception made for the copier to scan (maybe by ip address im not sure)
    Lastly just incase you hadn't already done so, check gateway and dns settings are all correct"

The Admin Email matches.
    Matched the IP and Gateway while it was on site.
    The DNS was correct as well while it was on site.

I now have it set to settings in our office. And the unit we have there as a temp was able to use Option 1: Smtp.Office365.com Port 587 SSL On SMTP Auth ON (etc).
    And the temp unit is the same model.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Methedor View Post
    Re: Slimslob. Thank you. I had already referenced the document. Though admittedly there might of been something I missed on the Connector in option 3. The steps are fairly prominent.

Re: JayPaul
    "Have you set the administrator email address (in file transfer) the same as the smtp auth email address?
    Lastly just incase you hadn't already done so, check gateway and dns settings are all correct"

The Admin Email matches.
    Matched the IP and Gateway while it was on site.
    The DNS was correct as well while it was on site.

I now have it set to settings in our office. And the unit we have there as a temp was able to use Option 1: Smtp.Office365.com Port 587 SSL On SMTP Auth ON (etc).
    And the temp unit is the same model.
    Depending on the model Ricoh, TLS though not shown as an option merely by setting the proper Port before selecting SSL

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I've never had any trouble with office 365 and the newer (ie 03 and up) machines. smtp.office365.com, ssl on, port 587, valid credentials in smtp auth and admin email. Might try doing a NCS clear in service mode to reset all network protocols back to default.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Try another user/password for the office365 login, that helped me, don’t know why.

The informations worked on 4 MFP but not the 5. Then I got the IT people to open a new office 365 account, used that information, it worked.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.