Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Ricoh mp9002 cleaning web finished after only 57k print (!!!) instead of 450k or so.

Hi everyone, I have this strange problem: replaced cleaning web at 1246289 on 06/02/19, and then again at 1303311 on 06/03/19, the cloth was really exhausted/unrolled, only that the 9002 has only made 57000 prints !(if math is not an opinion LOL). ... after the replacement I checked all the values ​​of sp 1902-xxx, and they are all default,.
    Do you have any idea what happened and what to watch?P.S. strangely the resettable capacity value (sp1902-001) was at 60 (?) but the sheet was completely unrolled / finishedthank you in advance.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh mp9002 cleaning web finished after only 57k print (!!!) instead of 450k or

Was it the correct web? Maybe replace complete web unit.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Re: Ricoh mp9002 cleaning web finished after only 57k print (!!!) instead of 450k or

Hi there!
    Had this phenomem once on a 1060, the webmotor was running all the time. Changed the complete web-unit and the prob was gone.
    Greetings...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    Had this phenomem once on a 1060, the webmotor was running all the time. Changed the complete web-unit and the prob was gone.
    Greetings...

hi zeldaman, thanks for the support.
    every time that I replace the web on the martini series, I make 2 signs with a pen on the web, then I run it 5-6 times with sp5804-055 (output check web motor) and then I listen with the ear to the dc minimotor that turns , after I reassemble the black plastic cover I look if the signs have moved, I would say no, the web motor runs on demand, it does not remain active..

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    Was it the correct web? Maybe replace complete web unit.

hi david, thanks for the suggestion.I also thought of a flaw in the production of the web, (for another not original).before throwing it I also unrolled it and measured it by hand to see how long it was, and it was 15-16 meters, do you have any feedback on this?and then, anyway, even if it was wrong / shorter, it is not possible that from 450k prints it even makes 57k ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Wrong web, not genuine part, should it not be 32 metres.

worker drone 250+ Posts

Re-route the wiring to the web drive motor. If the ground side rubs through the insulation and makes intermittent contact with the frame, the motor will run during that time.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mp9002 cleaning web finished after only 57k print (!!!) instead of 450k or so.

Another example where non genuine parts not worth using!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Another example where non genuine parts not worth using!

hello, look, I have to be honest about those types of spare parts (web, p / c roller, claw, etc) we sometimes use non-original ones depending on the availability of the suppliers and the speed of delivery in our warehouse, and I never had problems, also because if that web lasted 3 months, the compatible one cost us a quarter, drums, fusers and other, strictly original.

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    Re-route the wiring to the web drive motor. If the ground side rubs through the insulation and makes intermittent contact with the frame, the motor will run during that time.
    hi, thanks for the tip, analyzing the effects well, I am convinced that you are right, these days I organize myself and go to visit the client, I am 100% sure to find the situation you described, actually five months ago I had replaced a rear cable of one of the two lamps that touched the frame and discharged to the ground, and jumped the current to the whole floor ... so as said Agatha Cristie: two clues make a evidence.

best regard