Ricoh mp c3502 smb scanning failure on a VPN tunnel to a server out of state

Hello. This is my first post so bear with me.

I have a customer that is trying to set a scan to smb to a server based in thier Atlanta office. In office scanning works fine. I updated the scanning firmware to 70. No result. I was speaking with thier IT and they have full access tonthe folder fromnthe office computers. When I try to browse the network I get the message about unable to connect.

Part of my problem is that I am mostly a hardware technician. You got a broken part, I can fix all day. But when I comes to software and network I know just enough to get me in trouble.

Thanks ahead of time

Technician

Re: Ricoh mp c3502 smb scanning failure on a VPN tunnel to a server out of state

Not sure about the "scanner firmware to 70". I am not seeing that on the Ricoh website but you should install the SMB v2/v3 fix labled

SMBv2v3 - 4/4/2018 - D111-D142_SMBv2v3_SDcard

That should fix your issue.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts tjvincent's Avatar

Re: Ricoh mp c3502 smb scanning failure on a VPN tunnel to a server out of state

When you browse sometimes you have to give it a headstart, try using the server name or IP only and then browse and see if it asks you for a user name/password \\servername\ then hit browse

Thanks. By 70 I just meant that was the last 2 digits of the firmware. That is the most current one i have. I will take another look though and double check

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

There was a recent (5/18/2019) Tech Pub on the SMB V2/V3 firmware.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Two things to check in network settings:
    1. Domain name must be correct. If it is not, anything sent SMB from a device not a member of the domain will be assumed by Windows to be spam and will be rejected.
    2. First DNS must be the domain DNS. If it is not, name resolution will not work. Using IP address usage will be treated as the same as not being a domain member.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alias813 View Post
    Thanks. By 70 I just meant that was the last 2 digits of the firmware. That is the most current one i have. I will take another look though and double check
    Just FYI....The F/W number seldom changes. It's the letter at the end of all of the F/W numbers that indicates the version
    Last edited by sandmanmac; 06-06-2019 at 10:53 PM.

Ok so the issue seems to be that I have firmware version 70f and I need 70g forbthe smb v2 and v3 support. Does anyone have access to this?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alias813 View Post
    Ok so the issue seems to be that I have firmware version 70f and I need 70g forbthe smb v2 and v3 support. Does anyone have access to this?
    Contact your local Ricoh dealer or branch and have it updated properly.