Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C300 Duplex Paper Guide (Above Fuser on Door) Broke, Won't duplex

The paper guide that moves to guide the paper through the duplex initially when coming out of the fuser. The plastic has broke on the rear end that holds and will not stay put. Seems this would be a common problem since the heat from the fuser probably caused it to deteriorate. I attached a pic of the front end (The rear was hard to get a pic where it was broke) Any help would be very appreciated Thanks !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP C300 Duplex Paper Guide (Above Fuser on Door) Broke, Won't duplex

Most likely caused by someone leaning on it while removing a jam. Replace the base portion of the unit. You will have to take the gates, rollers and associated bushings and springs off the old unit.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Most likely caused by someone leaning on it while removing a jam. Replace the base portion of the unit. You will have to take the gates, rollers and associated bushings and springs off the old unit.
    Thanks so much !!! Really appreciate your help !!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

So far I guess I've been lucky, because I haven't seen this issue myself, but I remembered a thread from some time ago with a link to Ebay for a repair kit for this issue, and I found the thread.
    I'm by no means promoting it as I've not seen or tried it myself, but it might be of some help to you to have look at it and build your own 'fix' and maybe even give it a try.

Good luck!
    Repair Kit Duplex for RICOH MPC300/400/401 | eBay

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    The paper guide that moves to guide the paper through the duplex initially when coming out of the fuser. The plastic has broke on the rear end that holds and will not stay put. Seems this would be a common problem since the heat from the fuser probably caused it to deteriorate. I attached a pic of the front end (The rear was hard to get a pic where it was broke) Any help would be very appreciated Thanks !!!
    I see if you dont lock down the fuser lock lever on each side the side door will not close.
    I have made my own repair as it was time wise to do so.
    I traced out the side pice from the opposite side and cut out the pattern with an old credit card,made the cutout to lock the
    piece and attached using 5 min epoxy being careful it does not get near the moving part.

You guys know what part to get, my guess was 111.M0264561. I've looked at the parts diagram for what seems like hours trying to figure it out. Thanks so much !!! I attached the parts diagram.... (Is is just me or are Ricoh's parts diagrams a little screwy)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Picture shows what I'm assuming is broken.?
    If it is indeed that guide, then you have the correct part number.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Otherwise, what we usually see is the "pawl gate" that's just above the last guide I posted gets broken on front or rear.
    First picture shows where it usually breaks on rear. Second picture shows the guide out of place (The front side is broken where it sits).

If this pawl gate "seat" is what's broken then you'll want Part #: M0264570 which is on the very next page of the duplex parts layout.

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Picture shows what I'm assuming is broken.?
    If it is indeed that guide, then you have the correct part number.
    Thanks so much That is a HUGE help... Yeah the paper guide pawl bar holder in the rear is broken and it won't stay in....

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Otherwise, what we usually see is the "pawl gate" that's just above the last guide I posted gets broken on front or rear.
    First picture shows where it usually breaks on rear. Second picture shows the guide out of place (The front side is broken where it sits).

If this pawl gate "seat" is what's broken then you'll want Part #: M0264570 which is on the very next page of the duplex parts layout.
    Very Grateful !!! Thank you again !!