Thread: MP C6502 SC 442

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

MP C6502 SC 442

This is the second issue that I've had with this machine. The 3D parts catalogue isn't quite clear on which sensor I need to replace. Does anyone have a part number for it, or any other tips for avoiding this issue in the future?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MP C6502 SC 442

its your transfer lift motor that's failed.

I have replaced a truck tonne of these, part number D1361026

I'm not going to lie its a pig of a job but it will fix your issue 100%

I don't see that part number in the catalogue, and none of my vendors seem to show it either. Is there a different number for it?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C6502 SC 442

Updated part number is D136 1212. and your lucky if you have gone this long without having to change one.

Tips for new players, take particular notice of where all the wires unplug from, if fact take photos, it will help with reassembly.
    And be warned, there is a spare connector lead floating around in the back that is only used on the Pro C versions. Hours can be wasted looking for home for this connector.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

MP C6502 SC 442

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Updated part number is D136 1212. and your lucky if you have gone this long without having to change one.

Tips for new players, take particular notice of where all the wires unplug from, if fact take photos, it will help with reassembly.
    And be warned, there is a spare connector lead floating around in the back that is only used on the Pro C versions. Hours can be wasted looking for home for this connector.

+1 on this!! In fact, I used to carry a red Sharpie with me when I would come across what we referred to as "Air Connectors", and would draw an "X" on those little critters to save myself some stress down the road.

This has only been under service for us for a little less than a year. Overall, it's been a pretty reliable machine. I've found the motor via the updated part number, and thanks for all of the advice on the connections! This is the only one of this model we have right now, and we only took it since it's owned by a very good customer in an office that they purchased.

The only other issue was a phantom cleaning unit replacement solved after getting the convoluted process for getting the PM counters to clear, and accept it.

I'll update after the motor arrives and gets installed.

This forum again coming through!

MP C6502 SC 442

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    This has only been under service for us for a little less than a year. Overall, it's been a pretty reliable machine. I've found the motor via the updated part number, and thanks for all of the advice on the connections! This is the only one of this model we have right now, and we only took it since it's owned by a very good customer in an office that they purchased.

The only other issue was a phantom cleaning unit replacement solved after getting the convoluted process for getting the PM counters to clear, and accept it.

I'll update after the motor arrives and gets installed.

This forum again coming through!
    Could you post the convoluted process for resetting the PM counters please?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C6502 SC 442

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Could you post the convoluted process for resetting the PM counters please?
    As I recall, it is not that hard. You just have to first open the jam door on the right end.

Quite an adventure! Tore out the back of the machine, and found that the spindle on the transfer motor had broken off. Got the machine together, and had it spit out one page before the cleaning unit for one of the PCU's decided to give up. Ordering more parts, and once replaced, this machine should hopefully be ready to go for a little while longer.

Any other things like that transfer motor to look for on this model?