Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mp c6004

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Mp c6004

Re: Mp c6004

Quote Originally Posted by canon.master View Post
    You are 100% right, but look at the first answers they answer in a very wrong way..
    but if anybody need anything in canon i will help him..
    Based on the fact that three senior tech, myself included, liked that first response, there was nothing wrong with it other than your reaction. Are you sure you're not being overly sensitive. Now I don't know when you got the red card, who gave it to you or why but usually indicates that you don't like to follows rules. One of those rules has to do with proprietary manufacturer information which includes access codes.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Based on the fact that three senior tech, myself included, liked that first response, there was nothing wrong with it other than your reaction. Are you sure you're not being overly sensitive. Now I don't know when you got the red card, who gave it to you or why but usually indicates that you don't like to follows rules. One of those rules has to do with proprietary manufacturer information which includes access codes.
    They can say that without wasting time .

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

google service mode and in 5 seconds had code for newer copiers even on this website if you search and find new service code

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    google service mode and in 5 seconds had code for newer copiers even on this website if you search and find new service code
    I tried everything nothing help nothing found....

worker drone 250+ Posts

IF someone changed the access code, there is a factory mode that will reset back to factory passwords and wipe out all address books. I will not tell you how to do it but it is listed way too many places on this forum and others. Warning is that you can do more damage in there than you even can in the normal service mode. Be very aware of the dangerous ground you are on if you attempt it. Personally, I agree that you are most likely not holding the c key down for an extended time on it's final press. Or that you are pressing the wrong C key.

The reason the code is different from the early machines was that there was too much publication of the service mode. The more it is passed around, the more likely it will change again. They don't even publish it in newer service manuals for that reason. They tell you to "ask your manager".
    Last edited by Coptech; 06-19-2019 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Wrong C key comment.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Mp c6004

They can say that without wasting time .
    we all said basically the same thing...

1) you didn't give enough info w/o us having to pull teeth.
    2) handing out that info could get someone in LEGAL trouble.
    3) canon techs aren't the only ones that can respond politely

you accused me of disrespect.... but you reply with snarky comments... you break forum rules (and just common sense )

then you think you are polite and deserve special treatment... NOTHING is FREE and NO ONE deserves special treatment.

YES I even googled the issue before hand AND found the answer you needed.

you said you have the manual..but CLEARLY didn't read the manual..

Slim - BlackCat -myself and others are glad to help BUT if you have the manual and DON'T read it ..proves you refuse to TRY and depend on others for your fix....

SLIM.. Yes I know who threw the first red flag...

but as others have noticed... I don't help those that don't TRY to help themselves.. blocked

OH BTW I am also a Certified Canon Tech..along with Xerox - Epson - HP - Ricoh - Ky/Mita - Samsung - Panasonic - BROTHER -Murtec + others.. 31 yrs in the field and have FIRED techs under me that display your attitude..

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Mp c6004

You are 100% right, but look at the first answers they answer in a very wrong way..
    but if anybody need anything in canon i will help him..
    Interesting that you would say that....because you have 19 total posts at the time of this response, and every single one of them relates to an MP C6004.
    Without even visiting the Canon forum, I'm 100% sure that someone over there has needed help with something during the 1 year + that you've been registered here, yet you haven't offered a single thing.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Mp c6004

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Interesting that you would say that....because you have 19 total posts at the time of this response, and every single one of them relates to an MP C6004.
    Without even visiting the Canon forum, I'm 100% sure that someone over there has needed help with something during the 1 year + that you've been registered here, yet you haven't offered a single thing.
    Très attentif

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Mp c6004

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    12 of those 19 are on this thread.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    IF someone changed the access code, there is a factory mode that will reset back to factory passwords and wipe out all address books. I will not tell you how to do it but it is listed way too many places on this forum and others. Warning is that you can do more damage in there than you even can in the normal service mode. Be very aware of the dangerous ground you are on if you attempt it. Personally, I agree that you are most likely not holding the c key down for an extended time on it's final press. Or that you are pressing the wrong C key.

The reason the code is different from the early machines was that there was too much publication of the service mode. The more it is passed around, the more likely it will change again. They don't even publish it in newer service manuals for that reason. They tell you to "ask your manager".
    That’t true they changed the sp mode key in this machine i think the technical guy do that and yesterday he till my client he need a 1000$ to give him the code ....
    thank you for your answer...