Thread: S/C ERROR 240-1

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    S/C ERROR 240-1

S/C ERROR 240-1

Hi Folks, I'm looking at Ricoh MP C4504 with error s/c 240-1, I did go into sevice mode and check values under 110-1, all others were 0h, while black read 100h..as I've looking, it looks like black laser unit..any suggestions..? before I go with a laser unit..?

Thamks..!
    Jaime
    I.C.S.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    S/C ERROR 240-1

Re: S/C ERROR 240-1

Have you done the trouble steps in the service manual for this SC?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    S/C ERROR 240-1

[QUOTE=slimslob;780219]Have you done the trouble steps in the service manual for this SC?[/QUO
    I just have the Intravia's quick reference guide, which gives you an idea of the code, sure check the connectors, replace the drum, transfer belt, main board, yet the laser unit. I did check via service mode,and indicating black laser unit is reading a high signal, while other laser units, are reading"0", but looking to see if this is a common issue this with particular model. I know, I'll have to purchase a full, service manual, hope I get the whole/full service manual, that includes the schematics, to trace down the wires. yeah..was looking for some insight..being an Independent Guy..you look for free help, as I work on almost every make and model, please , no offense.

Quote Originally Posted by jper34 View Post
    hope I get the whole/full service manual, that includes the schematics, to trace down the wires. yeah..was looking for some insight..being an Independent Guy..you look for free help, as I work on almost every make and model, please , no offense.
    The "Schematics" are known as a Point to Point diagram by Ricoh and they are separate to the service manual.
    Wherever you buy the manuals from I'd expect that they also sell the point to point.
    Also...even though the fault description in the manual states that it's a laser fault affecting black...the laser is a single unit on the MPC4504 and not separate units for each colour.
    This is the troubleshooting from the manual:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    S/C ERROR 240-1

[QUOTE=jper34;780281]
    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I know, I'll have to purchase a full, service manual, hope I get the whole/full service manual, that includes the schematics, to trace down the wires. yeah..was looking for some insight..being an Independent Guy..you look for free help, as I work on almost every make and model, please , no offense.
    There is a specific forum here for requesting manuals.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/se...nual-requests/

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    S/C ERROR 240-1

insure you don't have toner piled up in the laser path (maybe poor copy quality wo code) . laser unit?
    Last edited by eddy out; 07-03-2019 at 03:43 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    S/C ERROR 240-1

Quote Originally Posted by eddy out View Post
    insure you don't have toner piled up in the laser path (maybe poor copy quality wo code) . laser unit?
    Hey Guys,
    just an update, the laser came out it super easy, on the left side, Thanks to my buddy Dale in CA.
    I just took off the metal plate, and cleaned the 8 facet mirror, and using my lens poofer, I just blew it out, although it seemed quite clean. I cleaned the connector, which I'm thinking was the actual culprit, if anyone else comes across this error code, hope it helps!..just re-seating the connectors..but time will tell, if the code comes back..Thanks for all your help !