Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ricoh color

Service Manager 250+ Posts hodgiepodgie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sommer View Post
    even after setting the correction values to default?

Just checked, the neccessary procedure is mention in the service manual. It's important that you try this to get the line position adjustment working:

Chapter 4.6.2 - hope it's not different because I only have the german manual.
    OK I HAVE THAT MANUAL MISSED THAT TROUBLE SHOOTING PORTION COPY QUALITY IS BACK IMAGE LINES UP BUT STILL WONT PASS LINE ADJUSTMENT. ALSO THNX FOR STICKING WITH ME ON THIS FEEL EMBARRASED DONT KNOW HOW I MISSED THIS LAST PAGE IN THE SERVICE MANUAL , THAT WAS THE TICKET .

E Winter
    No problem

Sometimes it needs a few try (5-10) after resetting the SP's until the line position adjustemts succeed - don't worry if it's not OK after the first try. You can also do a toner refresh to gain up the image density wich makes it easier to read the patterns.

Have you dismount the ID sensor assy to clean it properly?

What's the col/bw page count of the machine btw?

Color 324 b/w45001,

E Winter
    324 col??? Guess you've caused most of the color prints Can anyone tell this customer that this is a COLOR machine wich needs some volume

Well, that explains a lot - I have a few machines in the field with very low color volume (not THAT low, but pretty low) and all these machines got more or less problems with the image density over the time including - surprise - problems with the line position adjustment. I'm shure you can solve the problem after one or maybe two toner refresh cycles (3-921-2) plus some patience during repeating the line position adjustment until the machine is doing it with no error.

I'd also recommend to shake the toner and do 1-2 toner refresh cycles at every servicing to keep the toner, pumps and tubes alive.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh color

There is a tech bulletin about SC codes and line position errors on low (no) color volume machines - I'm trying to attach it, but haven't had good luck - I'm working on tethered to a blackberry...
    Attached Files Attached Files

E Winter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    There is a tech bulletin about SC codes and line position errors on low (no) color volume machines - I'm trying to attach it, but haven't had good luck - I'm working on tethered to a blackberry...
    Good one - but you should clarify the effects with the customer because the customer might be not happy if the machine performes more and longer self-checks. On the other hand they will get a more consistent image quality wich is a good pro argument. But these auto adjustments will also cause a higher toner consume and drum/dev abrasion - not that good if the machine runs within certain "all inclusive" service contracts.

Guess you have to balance the cost-value ratio. If you have to drive hours or the problem occured every few month it may be wise to set the SP's.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh color

With only 324 color prints i don't think wear or extra color toner consumption would have been a problem for the customer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is being reconned to go to be resold?? I probably wouldn't change the SP's because it's very unlikely the new owner will be that gentle on the color prints, but it's just something to be aware of if any of us run across another machine with this low color volume.

E Winter
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is being reconned to go to be resold??
    Of course, he got the machine back - totally misremebered that.

been away awhile um line adjust still dont work. will view tech bulletins,thnk gonna sell mach as is thnks again guys.