Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Methedor's Avatar

Auto Specify Folder Destination (MP 301SPF)

Hello folks. I've got a client with only one SMB scan destination wanting to not select her name as to scan it is essentially 3 steps (Select Destination -> Select Name -> Press OK -> Press Start Button). She just wants to put the documents in the Feeder and press start. Now I've done this once before on an older model, a LD220 if memory serves. However I cannot recall how I did this, the Scan White Pages didn't show anything, neither could my fellow local Techs and the client I did it for is only savey enough to know i did something to make it behave that way.

I've done the following aside from what was stated above:
    I've looked under File Transfer and saw SMB sending default, but that is only presenting the User Name and Password; no path.
    I've tried setting the selected destination then programming as default, or program 1. Also attempted with a manual input.
    Looked under Send Setting.
    Looked under Administration Menus, File Transfer, Interface, and General Tabs.
    Looked under Scan Features.

I hope I'm just forgetting a simple setting. However I am fine if its something that the LD220 could do, but the MP 301SPF can't. I'll just then need to inform the client that the feature is not reproducible on this model.

Thank you CTN for reading and responding.

Re: Auto Specify Folder Destination (MP 301SPF)

I could be wrong here but I'm pretty sure that can't be done. After 60 seconds it will auto reset and 'unselect' her scan destination anyway. A time which you could adjust but I think it will still happen after X time. I'm not in office but is there a way to set up shortcut buttons on the little home screen, maybe the 301 is a bit old to do that. The closest I can think of is having the scanner as the default screen and put rest time on as high number as you can.
    I've had customers ask similar things and sometimes after 10 mins of trying to figure stuff out I just say it can't do it, because it is only a matter of about 4 seconds time they are using that they want to cut down to 1 second.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Check the scanner SP settings. I think there is a setting there that controls whether or not the machine holds the last destination entered. At one time the default was to remember since many small companies frequently have only one destination that they use. Somewhere around the CXXO2 or 03 they changed the default.

Thank you JPaul and Slimslob for your input. I looked at the Scanner SP menu referenced a service manual that I could get my hand on. It appears that Scanner SP 1-012-001 is the User Information release Setting this to 0 (Zero) should make it retain the Destination among other settings after job completion. Thank you guys, have a great day or night depending on your timezone.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

have you try selecting your settings then press program button on op panel press program as default.

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    have you try selecting your settings then press program button on op panel press program as default.
    Yup and tried to set it as program 1. Also did a manual entry and tried Program as Default; didn't work. So far the SP Code looks the best way to go based on what has been tried so far. Thank you Copierman for your suggestion.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Methedor View Post
    Hello folks. I've got a client with only one SMB scan destination wanting to not select her name as to scan it is essentially 3 steps (Select Destination -> Select Name -> Press OK -> Press Start Button). She just wants to put the documents in the Feeder and press start. Now I've done this once before on an older model, a LD220 if memory serves. However I cannot recall how I did this, the Scan White Pages didn't show anything, neither could my fellow local Techs and the client I did it for is only savey enough to know i did something to make it behave that way.

I've done the following aside from what was stated above:
    I've looked under File Transfer and saw SMB sending default, but that is only presenting the User Name and Password; no path.
    I've tried setting the selected destination then programming as default, or program 1. Also attempted with a manual input.
    Looked under Send Setting.
    Looked under Administration Menus, File Transfer, Interface, and General Tabs.
    Looked under Scan Features.

I hope I'm just forgetting a simple setting. However I am fine if its something that the LD220 could do, but the MP 301SPF can't. I'll just then need to inform the client that the feature is not reproducible on this model.

Thank you CTN for reading and responding.
    If you program the scan key on the left side of the panel as the scanner app then set folder as default (email is default)

Or how about set function priority to scan set folder as default, all she has to do is load documents press her name & start if thats too many steps then who needs this person as a customer!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

I would agree with you, however the MP 301SPF has a smaller screen which is has this setup; from the Home Screen: Select Scanner -> Select Destination from Address Book -> Select Name -> Press OK -> Start Button.

Now even the addition of "Select Destination" From prior to selecting the name doesn't seem like too much to me. Though, if I can easily set it to the way the client wants then all is good with me. Unfortunately this method would not work for folks with multiple scanning destinations.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Methedor View Post
    I would agree with you, however the MP 301SPF has a smaller screen which is has this setup; from the Home Screen: Select Scanner -> Select Destination from Address Book -> Select Name -> Press OK -> Start Button.

Now even the addition of "Select Destination" From prior to selecting the name doesn't seem like too much to me. Though, if I can easily set it to the way the client wants then all is good with me. Unfortunately this method would not work for folks with multiple scanning destinations.
    The 301 has 3 programable hard keys on the left.

So set them up then use the scan key saves pressing the home key first so one less button for your irritating client!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk