Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Technician
    MP C305's replacement recomendations?

    eccelobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    13

    MP C305's replacement recomendations?

    Hi, fellas!
    Recently I bought an used MP C305 (usd 200) and I'm already fed up with its toner feed problems.
    I've read many posts saying that it's better to replace the copier, but for what model instead?
    What models gave you good result?
    It can be just printer, and for 2000 prints per month max
    .
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: MP C305's replacement recomendations?

    What do you expect for $200.

  3. #3
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    9,470
    Rep Power
    206

    Re: MP C305's replacement recomendations?

    At $200, you are buying a parts machine. Hope you have others in the field that you may need to save money on components such as boards.

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: MP C305's replacement recomendations?

    Iíve got zillion MP C305 in the field, actually they are running ok. A pain to replace the toner hoppers, but the donít seems to fail no more. The toner bottle sensors are crap, but only have few fails on these.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

  5. #5
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts JayPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: MP C305's replacement recomendations?

    Everyone loved them when they first came out, small multi function colour machine. Then like every model a year later you see all the flaws... fuser gears turning to dust after 25k, toner board not recognising toners resulting in a 2 hour job to replace it. Greasing the rails inside the bypass to stop it from jamming, the little black plastic attached to spring on back of the tray that breaks and had to be modified. I hate 305's now.
    If you wanted to spend actual money on a replacement I don't mind the 307, it's pretty much the same box but I find a lot less problems. They fixed the fuser and toner board problems which for me were the worst 2.
    If it's just printer you want I'm sure people will have better recommendations on here.

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Stuttgart/Baden Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: MP C305's replacement recomendations?

    Hi there!
    If itīs a late produced 305, there no more problems xmt the drums, which go bad too soon. With the 306/307 we have no problems at all, and we have a lot of them in the field.
    Greetings...

  7. #7
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP C305's replacement recomendations?

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,518
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: MP C305's replacement recomendations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    Iíve got zillion MP C305 in the field, actually they are running ok. A pain to replace the toner hoppers, but the donít seems to fail no more. The toner bottle sensors are crap, but only have few fails on these.
    Same here MP C305 great little machine.

    Few minor issues when first released but with fw updates etc all good.

    The MPC 306 & MP C307 are an improvement but if budget allows look at the MP C401 the best A4 colour Ricoh made IMO.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts FrohnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Fremont, Nebraska
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: MP C305's replacement recomendations?

    I have nightmares in my sleep about this machine!
    Only have about a dozen that ran "flawlessly" (minor issues). I could take one apart and put it back together in my sleep now after having to repair the above mentioned items and then some.

    C401 is a good machine.
    The C307/407 models are pretty good. We have only run into issues with the CIS and touchy Dust detection, but good overall.

    The new P C600 (june 2019) looks pretty reliable (3,000 monthly volume/ 300,000 yield for PM parts). We have yet to get one out in the field, but are eager to.

    Cheaper option could be like a SP C352dn (launched in 2017). They have run pretty good for us (1,500 average monthly volume).

  9. #9
    Technician
    MP C305's replacement recomendations?

    eccelobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: MP C305's replacement recomendations?

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    At $200, you are buying a parts machine. Hope you have others in the field that you may need to save money on components such as boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    What do you expect for $200.
    Yes, for this cheap price I thought: 'if anything fails, I just buy another one.' But I had to disassembly 2 times the toner supply and modify the seals learned in a RTB. Now I just shake the toner bottle and let it feed whenever asks for toner and it goes 'fine'. So I won't buy another one even at $200.
    Today I had to make it print with +40 of saturation from the print driver to match the original color; and I can't finish the color calibration 'cause scanner reading error. And the color pattern printout is fine.
    I will have to replace it soon, It's not nice for the customer to see me there fixing troubles all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Same here MP C305 great little machine.

    Few minor issues when first released but with fw updates etc all good.

    The MPC 306 & MP C307 are an improvement but if budget allows look at the MP C401 the best A4 colour Ricoh made IMO.
    I will check out the C401, thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    I have nightmares in my sleep about this machine!
    Only have about a dozen that ran "flawlessly" (minor issues). I could take one apart and put it back together in my sleep now after having to repair the above mentioned items and then some.

    C401 is a good machine.
    The C307/407 models are pretty good. We have only run into issues with the CIS and touchy Dust detection, but good overall.

    The new P C600 (june 2019) looks pretty reliable (3,000 monthly volume/ 300,000 yield for PM parts). We have yet to get one out in the field, but are eager to.

    Cheaper option could be like a SP C352dn (launched in 2017). They have run pretty good for us (1,500 average monthly volume).
    Thanks for the advice, I will check out the C600 too!

  10. #10
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: MP C305's replacement recomendations?

    MPC 401 OR MPC401SR....
    they run n run...........................

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here