Thread: MPC2003

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MPC2003

I have one popping up an sc569. I replaced the pressure release motor and home sensor. I replaced the fuser. It would never do it while I was there running it. Today I saw it happen. When I was putting away my tools the pressure release motor I just put in started cycling on its own and it popped up the sc569. I read other post on this code and I really do not want to replace the whole motor unit if I dont have to. I do not have many of these copiers in the field. Are they supposed to cycle just sitting there not being used? I was wondering if it could be a bad paper transport IO board instead of the motor assembly since it ran on its own. Any input would be appreciated.

UPDATE..I checked with another copier and after a few minutes after copying it does cycle the pressure release motor once. The one that has the code cycles 3 times before the code pops up. Called tech support and said it could be the board but not for sure. They also said check wiring harness. The motor assembly seems to be working fine because you can hear it cranking the fuser release shaft. I am guessing its going to be the motor assembly. But how knows. The sensor checks ok also.
    Last edited by AMS; 08-16-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Re: MPC2003

Did you check the firmware?
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Not this time. I had updated this copiers firmware about 8 month ago for other issues.

worker drone 250+ Posts

The motor will run fine...It is the gear with the one way bearing that is slipping and causing your code. Motor runs one direction to drive and the other way to pressure and depressure.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC2003

Quote Originally Posted by AMS View Post
    Not this time. I had updated this copiers firmware about 8 month ago for other issues.
    8 months ago on a CXX03? There was a time when it was a new update daily.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    The motor will run fine...It is the gear with the one way bearing that is slipping and causing your code. Motor runs one direction to drive and the other way to pressure and depressure.
    This. The motor unit has all the above parts. Change the one way. I swapped a whole unit the first time then had one to rebuild.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    MPC2003

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    That's the right advice from Coptech............the one way is almost always the cause. Assuming gear and sensor for rotation are ok, and that the fuser isn't seized up or too tight. If you can turn the pressure engage gear by hand to apply pressure and then fuser rollers/heat sleeve unit turn ok.....it's the one way.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 08-18-2019 at 07:12 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I have one popping up an sc569. I replaced the pressure release motor and home sensor. I replaced the fuser. It would never do it while I was there running it. Today I saw it happen. When I was putting away my tools the pressure release motor I just put in started cycling on its own and it popped up the sc569. I read other post on this code and I really do not want to replace the whole motor unit if I dont have to. I do not have many of these copiers in the field. Are they supposed to cycle just sitting there not being used? I was wondering if it could be a bad paper transport IO board instead of the motor assembly since it ran on its own. Any input would be appreciated.

UPDATE..I checked with another copier and after a few minutes after copying it does cycle the pressure release motor once. The one that has the code cycles 3 times before the code pops up. Called tech support and said it could be the board but not for sure. They also said check wiring harness. The motor assembly seems to be working fine because you can hear it cranking the fuser release shaft. I am guessing its going to be the motor assembly. But how knows. The sensor checks ok also.
    Have you checked the ferrite core rotation sensor at front of machine? they have a tendency to get unclipped.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks to all, it was the one way gear slipping. I had no clue it even used a one way gear in that assembly. Now I do!! Thanks again.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    MPC2003

Thanks to all, it was the one way gear slipping. I had no clue it even used a one way gear in that assembly. Now I do!! Thanks again.
    Glad you are up and working.
    Very common issue on this model......we try to stock those ..... in a pinch you can use a file to rough up the shaft the one way rides on to get the customer up and running (if you don't have a one-way on hand).
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com