Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

How to enter service mode for Lanier MP C3002 and adjuest the screen back light

I used to be a Ricoh tech. But worked on other brands recent years.
    I got a Lanier MP C3002 and the Reset 107 stop seems does not work, can anybody share some ideas?

Also the screen light is too strong, did not find any button to adjust on panel, can any body tell me. Thanks.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: How to enter service mode for Lanier MP C3002 and adjuest the screen back light

Ricoh change the access code years ago because too many unauthorized individuals knew it. At the same time they also allowed the technician the ability to modify the code.

Technician

Re: How to enter service mode for Lanier MP C3002 and adjuest the screen back light

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Ricoh change the access code years ago because too many unauthorized individuals knew it. At the same time they also allowed the technician the ability to modify the code.
    Thanks. I knew the 03 seris changed the code as I found on other post.
    So what's the code for this machine then pls?

also is there any buttons some where to reset the code ?

worker drone 250+ Posts

Default, your 107 is correct for that model. Bet you are pushing the wrong C key...you are used to the red one and that is wrong now.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    Default, your 107 is correct for that model. Bet you are pushing the wrong C key...you are used to the red one and that is wrong now.
    Thanks mate. But I tried another C button with no luck.
    Is it possible someone changed the ways to enter sp mode with this model?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

or guys randomly posting this info on forums for all to see.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    or guys randomly posting this info on forums for all to see.
    That proprietary SP mode info should have stayed protected and been unavailable to users. Waste of time to try and protect that info now, though I do agree it was a super bad idea to post the info in the first place. By now, that info is so widely available on hundreds of youtube videos and other websites and even in tons of posts here on Copytechnet....might as well just answer the question. Total waste of time to protect the info at this point, it's been too widely disseminated.

And to address the question at hand----Yellow(reset) / then 107 / then the C key will let you in. You have to hold the C key down for a couple of seconds. SP mode should come up.

If you still can't get in-----maybe User Tools > System Settings > Administrator Tools > Service Mode Lock is enabled.

Hope this helps you to get in.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 08-18-2019 at 10:36 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Technician

Thumbs up Re: How to enter service mode for Lanier MP C3002 and adjuest the screen back light

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    That proprietary SP mode info should have stayed protected and been unavailable to users. Waste of time to try and protect that info at this point, though I do agree it was a super bad idea to post the info in the first place. By now, that info is so widely available on hundreds of youtube videos and other websites and even in posts here on Copytechnet....might as well just answer the question. Total waste of time to protect the info at this point, it's been too widely disseminated.

And to address the question at hand----Yellow(reset) / then 107 / then the C key will let you in. You have to hold the C key down for a couple of seconds. SP mode should come up.

If you still can't get in-----maybe User Tools > System Settings > Administrator Tools > Service Mode Lock is enabled.

Hope this helps you to get in.
    Many thanks, mate. It works, I think I tried this before but with no luck.
    But after you told me, it works, it is amazing.
    I am technician with about 10 years experience, why somebody want to keep an secret to me when it not really is as you said. You are wise technician. Thanks again for your help!

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caini View Post
    I am technician with about 10 years experience, why somebody want to keep an secret to me when it not really is as you said. You are wise technician. Thanks again for your help!
    I am certainly very glad that it helped you. And to put things in perspective:

The other guys are not being rude. They come here with the purpose of freely helping and getting help. The people here are rightfully concerned that the SP mode information in the hands of a non-tech could let them do much more harm than good. It's not difficult to turn a copier into a big ol' brick with that access. I agree with them in principle , and that info should be shared only with other tech's in a PM (private message) only.

Problem is, that info has been shared openly so many times , it is now a moot point. Spilt milk as they say....What do we now gain hiding info from users that in reality certainly cannot be maintained hidden any longer. What is real vs. what is ideal. May as well answer the darn question and be helpful to others, if not , that information will be easily discovered anyway.

That being said, I respect their comments, their concerns are well founded.
    _
    _
    _
    _

P.S. Did you figure out how to adjust the display brightness? Let us know. On the older machines I think it was called contrast under general settings. Not sure if there even is a Ricoh display brightness adjustment on the newer style copiers though.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 08-18-2019 at 11:15 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caini View Post
    I am technician with about 10 years experience, why somebody want to keep an secret to me when it not really is as you said.
    I had a customer who learned that they could enter Sp then cycle power to clear false fusing error codes. What they failed to understand was that if the code returned, do not try it again. Net result was a pressure roller melted to the hot roller.