Technician

Field of blue Lanier LD 525C

20190819_000131.jpg
    This blue streak that runs from edge to edge began in the middle of a long run. I've cleaned the rollers and used the cleaning wand. The streak shows even when running a blank page. Starts faint and reaches this density after about 5 pages.
    Lanier ld 525c
    Fuser?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Field of blue Lanier LD 525C

Looks like time for new cyan PCU. Most like you should replace all the PCUs. Once they have been replaced, the settings in the attached file should help prolong the life of the new units. Be sure to have a qualified tech make the settings.

Actually if you are an end user or work for one, it is advisable that the machine be replaced. This model was introduced nwearly 11 years ago and parts are going to be hard to find and also expensive.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by rightbrained View Post
    20190819_000131.jpg
    This blue streak that runs from edge to edge began in the middle of a long run. I've cleaned the rollers and used the cleaning wand. The streak shows even when running a blank page. Starts faint and reaches this density after about 5 pages.
    Lanier ld 525c
    Fuser?
    We need more info...
    Parts life..particularly cyan pcdu and ITB assy.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Printing or Copying?

If it's print jobs, then I would go with the above statements about the Cyan PCU, may be at end of it's life which is only 60k (have seen them go much higher though).

If it's copying, I would suspect something with the Auto Density setting (usually see this on the C2500 series though), but not to say it can't happen on this series. We either do ACC which sometimes clears that up, or turn off the auto density setting.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Looks like serious toner clumping on one side in the cyan pcu. Not sure if you can pull the charge roller assembly for cleaning on this model. If not, replace cyan pcu.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Looks like serious toner clumping on one side in the cyan pcu. Not sure if you can pull the charge roller assembly for cleaning on this model. If not, replace cyan pcu.
    It may be one of the models that you have to actually remove the drum in order to clean the charge roller. Not something I would recommend to a novice.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Looks like time for new cyan PCU. Most like you should replace all the PCUs. Once they have been replaced, the settings in the attached file should help prolong the life of the new units. Be sure to have a qualified tech make the settings.

Actually if you are an end user or work for one, it is advisable that the machine be replaced. This model was introduced nwearly 11 years ago and parts are going to be hard to find and also expensive.
    20190823_154100.jpg
    I replaced the cyan PCU and the original blue field issue is resolved. But, as seen in attachment, I have missed something or done something wrong. The white areas are not consistent from print to print, changing size and shape between prints.

This machine is a cheap Craigslist find that I have to nurse along until something betters comes along.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Check your transfer belt. May be torn on the edge/ middle messing up the charge in those spots.

If you're not familiar with this machine, you can follow these steps to get ITB unit out and check the belt.
    Drop the left cover (two screws) --> remove the transfer cleaning unit behind that cover (two screws) --> open right-hand door and release the two "holders" that won't let the door open all the way ( two black clips) put something under that right door to rest on (so it's essentially level with the floor) --> release the transfer roller unit holder (operator side - black clip) and let that come down all the way --> remove fuser and set aside --> remove waste bottle inside front door and turn the lever on right hand side to the Up position --> there's a little white cover on right hand side toward back (1 screw) that covers the wires/harness for ITB unit - remove that and unplug the harness --> then remove two screws on the ITB unit to pull it out (should be marked with blue).

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    I use to pull the PCU on these when i was selling a lot of lease returns.
    Pretty basic tear down and the charge roller can be modded to extend the 60k life cycle.
    I use to get 100k easy as long as the drum didnt have too much wear..
    I thought the drum design on these were pretty solid,the duplex and right door unit NOT.