Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Sr-90 Booklet maker

We have a SR-90 booklet maker that keeps jamming. We are running it on the stand alone mode. It seems to be jamming while it is jogging the sheets together. The side guides on the booklet maker seem to move out and then back into the paper, but at this time the paper goes under the jogging arm.
    We have checked all sensors and can see nothing that would be causing this. Nothing is in the way.
    It looks like something happened to the jogging part to us.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    The SR 90 is a tough bird to try and troubleshoot. Have you tried running its own diagnostic programme to see where it says it has an issue?
    For whatever reason, sometimes running the diagnostic, then rebooting the cursed thing will bring it right back up to life with the issue disappearing. If it comes up with an error code then you'll at least have an area to start with.
    This is device really is a POS. I often thought when I had one of these in my territory that the thing should be called a Problem-atic instead of a Plock-matic...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sr-90 Booklet maker

If you can ever get one running right it's like the energizer bunny - but that's a BIG if.
    Had to do a paper size reset for that problem a while back. It's documented in the manual with pictures and detailed steps, but it uses that funky metal tool that's bolted down inside the cover, and it's really cryptic exactly where to put it, and how to insert it there. (I have a suggestion where to put it, but not in polite company)

Technician
    I made a mistake. It's the SR-85. Not the Sr-90.
    The SR-85 has no digital display.
    We have put a piece of mylar on the non operator side jogging guide. After watching it run for several copies it looks like the books are sliding under this guide.
    This has fixed the problem some what but is not where we want it to be. Not sure why all of a sudden the paper started going under this guide, it has been running great.
    It seems to me that the machine know joggs twice before the books get into the machine. We never noticed this before and I believe this is some of the problem.
    Is there a reset for the this machine?

Sr-90 Booklet maker

Been a while since I've worked on an 85 but I had plenty of problems getting paper into them online, never had much trouble offline...

Attached is the service manual from Ricoh - the reset procedure is on page 72.
    Last edited by Shadow1; 10-17-2008 at 07:32 PM.

Sr-90 Booklet maker

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Attached is the service manual
    Cant get the file to upload... will try again later - here is the text:

PURPOSE
    The purpose is to transfer the original values from the Micro processor to the EEPROM.
    This procedure should be performed in response to minor logic problems such as failure in
    the operating sequence. Also perform this procedure if the controller PCB is replaced or if
    the power is lost during SDS(Self Diagnostic System) testing.
    PROCEDURE
    1. Switch off the main power switch.
    2. Remove the rear cover according to REP 1.1.
    3. Move DIP switch no. 1 on the controller PCB to the right (right when facing the PCB).
    4. Switch on the main power switch.
    • The adjust LED on the control panel is flashing: The processor is transferring the default
    values to the EEPROM.
    5. When the adjust LED stops flashing, switch off the main power switch.
    6. Move DIP switch no. 1 on the controller PCB to the left (left when facing the PCB).
    7. Reinstall the rear cover according to REP 1.1.

ffashe

SR 85/TR 85 folding/stapling issues

Help!!

I have a Plockmatic SR 85/TR 85 Bookletmaker/Facetrimmer that seems to have suddenly gone nuts! It staples and folds about a quarter of an inch apart! Normally the stapling and the fold should be on the same line. When adjusted to fold correctly, the the staples are off and when adjusted to staple correctly then it folds at 1/4 of an inch off from the middle. I have tried everything I possibly can to fix this. Even called a technical repair company and the technician was as stumped as I am.

Any ideas anyone?

Sr-90 Booklet maker

Load the EEPROM defaults, then do the adjustments, then burn some incense and sacrifice a chicken - if that doesn't work make the whole contraption into a burnt offering...
    73 DE W5SSJ

Ed Ferretti
    I have an SR85 that works fine, any interest in buying it?

Quote Originally Posted by captkirk View Post
    We have a SR-90 booklet maker that keeps jamming. We are running it on the stand alone mode. It seems to be jamming while it is jogging the sheets together. The side guides on the booklet maker seem to move out and then back into the paper, but at this time the paper goes under the jogging arm.
    We have checked all sensors and can see nothing that would be causing this. Nothing is in the way.
    It looks like something happened to the jogging part to us.

Ed Ferretti
    I have an SR85 in great condition for sale, do you know of anyone interested?