Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    PTR units for both MPC3000 and MPC4500 are different.

Altough the units will physically fit and work you will get jamming issues as if you look at both units the angle of the paper guide on the PTR that enters the fusing assembly is angled differently.

I recently had an issue were I followed an engineer into a MPC4500 were the PTR had been replaced with a unit suited for a MPC2500.

And after a bit of head scratching I noticed that he had fitted the wrong PTR.

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    We fit SPC811dn fusers to the MPC3500/MPC4500 and you get a free paper transfer unit with them - you just need to cut a bit off the bottom that stops it going in the copier version!

An answer as to how to stop replacement parts showing in the WIM would be gratefully appreciated.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Reset the PM counters.

E Winter
    In case you have to replace the transfer Unit I'd strongly recommend to use the transfer unit's from the printer series:

SPC811 Transfer Unit = MPC2500/3000/3500/4500
    SPC820 Transfer Unit = MPC2800/3300/4000/5000

You just have to remove a little piece of plastic on the top side of the unit to make them fit - that's very easy and self explaining. AFAIK the price difference between the copier psrts and printer maintanance kits are heavy that's why I use the printer maintanance kits for the MPC's - of course it's the same quality you get.

Also, the ITB has no PM replacement interval. It's replaced on a "as needed" basis.
    The ITB is listed in the PM table with a certain interval AFAIK but we replace it "as needed" as well because the stuff is running very well.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    RICOH MPC3000 - MPC4500 transfer units

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sommer View Post
    In case you have to replace the transfer Unit I'd strongly recommend to use the transfer unit's from the printer series:

You just have to remove a little piece of plastic on the top side of the unit to make them fit - that's very easy and self explaining. AFAIK the price difference between the copier psrts and printer maintanance kits are heavy that's why I use the printer maintanance kits for the MPC's - of course it's the same quality you get.

The ITB is listed in the PM table with a certain interval AFAIK but we replace it "as needed" as well because the stuff is running very well.
    The ITB Cleaning Unit is in the PM table (160K), not the Belt.There is a notation after the PM table that the ITB unit itself has an expected yield of 360K and is considered an EM part. But like you said, if it's running well why mess with it. I usually replace it when it starts tearing or just looks like it's had enough (usually a lot longer then the 360k).

E Winter
    Funny - the german translation of the MPC2500 service manual says it's a PM part (360k) like the cleaning unit (160k). On the other hand the MPC2800 manual is listing the transfer unit as an EM part like you said (600k) and the cleaning unit as a PM part (240k). Whatever - it's a very reliable unit so I agree - don't mess with it until there is a need to.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts AyJayAreDii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sommer View Post

Can you put the Drums units from the printers into the copiers? example; spc820 PCDU into a mpc500

Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    Reset the PM counters.
    The customer is seeing the messages before we have a service call and is requesting part replacement.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    I am not sure you can prevent that from coming up. I've always told the customer it's a minor 'bug' in the firmware, reset the count and be on my way. For those who are picky about such things I reset the Paper Transfer Roller PM count on every visit wether I change it or not. Interestingly there is a bug of sorts as the WIM message will say Transfer Unit (or Belt, I don't remember which) but it is specifically the Paper Transfer that triggers the message. I have seen no other PM related messages show up in WIM.