Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

sr820 finisher jams

Hi all I'm sure everbody has seen this problem at one time or another were the finisher exit guide slips out of place and causes the paper to crash into it.I am curious to know if anybody has found a fix for this or do most people just rotate the guide back into position as it doesnt happen very often.Any info would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

The SR820 is not one of Ricoh's best ideas. The most common cause of problems I find with the jamming issues is the unit is out of time, most likely caused by the end user pulling the paper out of the finisher before it completes the copy cycle.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Rolling the guide back into position is the best thing to do. 99% of the time that fixes the issue. I had one finisher though where the black paddle holder that goes with the gear that moves the paddles broke its little 'pointer' that mates with the gear so the paddles just free floated instead of having any kind of tension on them. The telltale sign of that is moving the paddles back and finding no loud clicking sound or tension on it as you move it back to its proper home position.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodcopy View Post
    The SR820 is not one of Ricoh's best ideas. The most common cause of problems I find with the jamming issues is the unit is out of time, most likely caused by the end user pulling the paper out of the finisher before it completes the copy cycle.
    Aye, there's even a jam code in the SP mode logging data called "finisher paper removal" or something similar.

Easiest way to reset the timing is to grab hold of the paddles, give them a gentle twist until the rubber flappy bit lines back up with the top cover. Hey presto.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    SR820 jamming resolution.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lvsb View Post
    SR820 jamming resolution.
    It's too bad that they came out with a fix, but not with the parts to do it. Like I can walk into any hardware store and buy 1/4 inch washers that are 6mm id, 12 mm od, and .075 mm thick. What I always did was advise the customer to send all jobs to the internal tray (1) (bridge unit tray) unless they were actually sorting or stapling. If they are sorting or stapling, they will usually leave the output alone until the machine lets go of it. Most were happy with this, because no amount of 'training' can overcome 'human nature' (impatience)!

I suppose, for a really intractable customer, you could get it timed correctly, and then hot glue or crazy glue the two hubs together.
    Last edited by b003ace; 11-18-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Additional thoughts