Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ricoh MP161

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

Ricoh MP161

I have a ricoh mp 161 that is double imaging.I have replaced the I Unit just 4 weeks ago because of double imaging,it seemed to be resolved.the fuser has allready been replaced.?? I seem to have lightened the double imaging with the density level on the cotroll panel,but,it comes back and with a vengance,so much so that the last image copied is still on the next image printed????
    Any suggestions? and by the way we replaced the machine in this office with the same model 3 months ago because of the same problem,now its back.I cannot fathom the 2 machines are haveing the exact same issue.
    Print or copy,

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    When you say you've changed the fuser are we talking the whole unit or just the rollers, if its just rollers you may find the press roller bushings are worn right down causing this problem.....there pretty short lived.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Are you sure the customer is not experiencing any AC line problems?
    Don't take that toner with me!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar
    thank you for the insight on the roller bearings
    and I did question the power in the building in this office.I will try the bearing issue first.

I have also had a bad memory stick cause weird issues on these machines. I had one of these making completely black copies when you tried printing anything from memory (like a counter page or SMC report) but it copied fine. But if you tried to print a counter page or report after you made a copy then you got the last image copied as the counter page. It turned out to be the 256 MB memory stick that snaps into the controller board was bad. Mine was the SPF version

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by blee View Post
    I have also had a bad memory stick cause weird issues on these machines.
    Me too.

Are you usine OEM supplies!!!!!

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    I had the same problem with a Canon machine some years ago.
    It turned out that the company next door made golf clubs, and some of the glue that they used got vaporized and airborne, and managed to migrate into my customer's office. This kept ruining drums.
    Another common source (at least used to be) were amonia based blueprint copiers; they had the same effect on drums.
    Airborne contaminates are sometimes hard to find, much less prove that they're the culprit,
    Good Luck!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP161

Ricoh MP161

Not familiar with this machine, but troubleshooting should be similar. When you stop the copy in the machine, is it happening before it goes to the fuser. If it is, its not the fuser. That should eliminate half your headache.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Do It All Tech
    I haven't seen on this model but some of the larger machines have had problems with the laser sync detect. Is your second image appearing digitized. If it is this could be something to look at.