Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    I have a habit of check e-source at least three times a week. You would be amazed at the amount of info there!! Also, within the last several weeks, there have been a ton of white papers added and updated. One covers print capture with wireshark, others are like how to set-up SMTP authentication. Check'em out!! Great resource for Ricoh techs.

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Technician

Angry

Well I would love to go to e sourse but my company got bought by xerox and now ricoh dropped us as a dealer we no longer have the ability to go on the tsc site or e sourse

christybaloo
    Thank you!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    You are talking about the old useless Manuals Site RFG-Esource? or TSCWEB.net?

christybaloo
    I'm hoping that you might forgive a probably naive question due to newbie status. So here goes.....are the brands that are grouped together in this particular section -- Ricoh, Savin, Gestetner -- grouped together because they are owned by same 'family' and might possibly have similar instructions like these very helpful PDFs posted by mowpro? Or am I totally off base and they're linked on this board for an unrelated reason?

Point being......might these PDFs be helpful if I'm dealing with a Savin?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Christy they are grouped together because they AFAIK are the same Machines. Ricoh the parent company just uses Different Brand names for Different Regions is what I've been told. If you google you might find a cross reference list of what machine = what.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulkor View Post
    Christy they are grouped together because they AFAIK are the same Machines. Ricoh the parent company just uses Different Brand names for Different Regions is what I've been told. If you google you might find a cross reference list of what machine = what.
    Actually, Ricoh, Savin, Gestetner and Lanier were at one time all separate companies, but Ricoh bought the others up, forming RFG (Ricoh Family Group). Almost every model is available under all brands, but not quite all - there are extremely few exceptions.

All are available in all nearly locations in the US, but I don't know about the rest of the world.

I guess I'm just not a worldly kinda guy...
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

christybaloo
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    I guess I'm just not a worldly kinda guy...
    LOL....well, that's not always a bad thing.

So you think that the PDFs that opened this thread would be pretty applicable to getting a Savin MFP scanning to a network? (Sorry if that should've been obvious in your answer.)

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by christybaloo View Post
    LOL....well, that's not always a bad thing.

So you think that the PDFs that opened this thread would be pretty applicable to getting a Savin MFP scanning to a network? (Sorry if that should've been obvious in your answer.)
    Absolutely!!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I belive Savin are mainly US based never seen any in the UK we have Ricoh, Lanier, Nashuas, Rex Rotary, and Gestetner but from our service dvds which have cross refrence charts most savins seem to have a equivalent at least with some of the others..