Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Remove the dev unit and check for toner in the entrance to the toner hopper. if it looks full the Toner Supply (Hopper Drive) motor is probably the cause of the problem.

Check if the drive on the Toner hopper turns ok by hand and that the toner (if the Unit looks full) moves away from the opening. If It's tight, change the hopper.

REMOVE and check (By Hand!)the Toner Supply Motor (directly to the left of the Dev Drive Motor on the large bracket) These can fail and may not produce a code.
    This motor drives the toner hopper and so the hopper will remain full, but not feed toner to the dev unit. the toner end sensor will see toner at the hopper entrance and the copies will decrease in density.

My money is on this motor! we have changed 2 (One last week!), both at about 1 million. You can test the motor in SP5804 but they run quietly even when faulty!! The motor will turn but the gears and belt on the back of the bracket won't!!!
    Also, I believe they will not run with the dev unit out of the machine and the front door open so you can't test tham that way!

Check the output of the TD sensor (SP2223? High = low toner) and I.D (3103 Patch high?).

If the above doesn't work

Check the toner tube which runs behind(?) the Toner Pump Motor (Extreme top left corner) just before the connection to the back of the pump assy. See page 6-102 of the service manual, the tube can be seen in the bottom diagram entering item J (Toner pump).
    This should have been modified since early MP1100 models but may restrict toner supply if there is a kink in the tube. This would eventually lead to SC495.

This model will tend to produce pale copies if there is a failure in the system due to the way the detection works, calling from the dev unit instead of forcing from the toner bank, which used to produce SC495 and damaged coils on AF2090, so at least there should be no mess!

The only other thing I can think of is poor drum earth, which would produce pale copies on this range.

Hope this helps.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio MP 9000

I just ran across the same problem on a MP1350 - looks like it is the drum ground in my case. Check very carefully, because initially mine was reading about 10 ohms, but when I started rotating the drum it would be several K at some points. This machine has 3.6M on it.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Technician
    I would check the toner supply motors, take off the right side and rear covers and verify that toner is making it up the long diagonal tube up to the DV uinit, we had one go out on one

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    I just ran across the same problem on a MP1350 - looks like it is the drum ground in my case. Check very carefully, because initially mine was reading about 10 ohms, but when I started rotating the drum it would be several K at some points. This machine has 3.6M on it.
    Just had an AF1085 doing much the same, have ordered the hub for the drum as the bearing has high resistance. It can just be a dirty drum shaft / electrode plate (B234 2360 on the MP9000 etc). This "plate" (Discharge brush) takes a fair amount of the load and can cause the problem.

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar
    how old was your OPC? after cleaning the tubes and cleaning the mag roll.... same problem? have we checked the toner hopper if the auger properly rotating and droping toner to the dev unit!
    fix the customer first then fix the machine... its simple and makes life more easy.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginemoko View Post
    how old was your OPC? after cleaning the tubes and cleaning the mag roll.... same problem? have we checked the toner hopper if the auger properly rotating and droping toner to the dev unit!

Like I said, Toner Supply Motor (Next to Dev Drive) turns toner hopper....

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    Like I said, Toner Supply Motor (Next to Dev Drive) turns toner hopper....
    if he forced toner the copy will be ok... meaning the motor is working and droping toner???? but who will trigger this motor to work on time???? TD sensor right.... i wonder if there an sc code.... 495.. or any toner relatated???? uhmmmmm???? can we check the sp 5803-18 bit 2 if this is 1 meaning toner end off... meaning we have enough toner at hopper...
    fix the customer first then fix the machine... its simple and makes life more easy.

Dear All
    thanks for the suggestions regarding the Ricoh MP 9000 low density copy problem , any way the problem has been resloved by adjusting the transfer belt and text settings in sp mode.
    best regards
    Tgilani

Quote Originally Posted by tgilani View Post
    Dear All
    thanks for the suggestions regarding the Ricoh MP 9000 low density copy problem , any way the problem has been resloved by adjusting the transfer belt and text settings in sp mode.
    best regards
    Tgilani

!?!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio MP 9000

Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    !?!
    I second that.

Details Please
    73 DE W5SSJ