Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Technician
    I tried using a gmail address but never worked. So best solution is use and ISP that doesnt use SSL, i think someone suggested AOL. Or in my case im using the email address that the company was assigned when they signed up with their ISP.

Hope this helps..

roosterfish
    Quote Originally Posted by dv007833 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    Thanks for all the help and input. Finally works. Ended up using the ISP provided email address, switched of authentication and voila, it started working.

So i guess any external webmail using SSL will not work with Ricoh machines. Lesson learnt after a painful few days.
    Do you mean that you used the ISP provided e-mail to log onto g-mail? I know that doesn't make sense, but it seems to be what you referenced.

I just had ATT come in and screw up my customers ability to scan to e-mail because of the SSL requirement. I'm trying to get around it and would like to use g-mail if possible. I don't have many opportunities to play with the machine as my company has given up and won't authorize me to go out without charging them, which I hate.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by roosterfish View Post
    Do you mean that you used the ISP provided e-mail to log onto g-mail? I know that doesn't make sense, but it seems to be what you referenced.

I just had ATT come in and screw up my customers ability to scan to e-mail because of the SSL requirement. I'm trying to get around it and would like to use g-mail if possible. I don't have many opportunities to play with the machine as my company has given up and won't authorize me to go out without charging them, which I hate.
    You have use the ISP provided email address which hopefully in your case doesnt use SSL. You cant access gmail because it uses SSL which the AF 2228/32/38 dont support.

From what i've learnt it is not possible to configure the machine for scan to email using Gmail.

brouwer

SSL certificate 1

Hello,

how do i get the SSL certificate?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Unless the customer has an internal email server, we always use the ISP provided email account and password, or the email will not authenticate. That is whatever account (username/password) the customer would use to log into their ISP account to get their email on the web. It also helps eliminate DNS issues if you use the IP address for the SMTP server instead of the name.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Just read through this thread. Thought I might add this solution.

Had a problem with a customer trying to use scan to email from ricoh using gmail. Intermittently working. Customer I.T. blaming photocopier of course.
    Having read another thread here some time ago that suggested using gawab.com when you need an smtp server. I can verify that this works and is very handy to prove to an I.T. twat that there is nothing wrong with photocopier.

Just go to www.gawab.com set up an account. Use psmtp.gawab.com as smtp server. Turn authentication on and use user name and password that you used to set up email address. Port 25 or 587.

Thanks to original thread that provided this alternative.

Technician
    I setup my email account that provided by the ISP to the machine and then scan to email to another email account from the same ISP, it goes through successfully; but when I scan to a gmail or hotmail account, it failed. Is it because of both of them also got SSL so the email can't go through?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh AF 2238C Scan to email problems

More likely that neither use an smtp

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Lderib

Exclamation Help, please: cant't set scan2mail with gawab on Ricoh aficio SP C232SF

Hello all,

I've just followed the instructions in order to use a free gawab account but it does not work. Always "connect to server fail" immediate error.

My settings are: (see printscreen)
    smtp.gawab.com
    port 25 (also tried 587)
    SMTP authentication
    myusername@gawab.com (also tried without the @gawab.com)
    password (of course ;-))

But nothing works! It drives me crazy.

Can someone help? What are the other network settings? DNS? DHCP?

2011-05-14_13-30-15.jpg

Best regards,
    Luc

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Open a DOS prompt and ping the smtp address. Try the IP address it gives you and see if that works.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.