Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    2090 dumping toner

Quote Originally Posted by claudioterrible View Post
    if you check "and all seems ok",check the toner suction assembly(take a look in the servicew manual) is used to reduce the air pressure inside the development unit,if this assembly works i the wrong way,your machine will be covered by a cloud of toner(all inside)
    The suction side on the pump is much smaller than the output side - you would have to try really really really hard to mess it up, but the pumps do fail and will cause the machine to dust. It is a PM item (2.4M if I remember correctly) and you should replace the sucked toner collection bottle, toner pump, and hoses as well. (I replace the hoses with vacuum line from an automotive parts store - the Ricoh lines collapse and the inside lining sometimes separates and bubbles - never had to clean one out after I started doing this)
    73 DE W5SSJ

first

Check the value of SP3902-1.
    - If the value is 0, the last auto process control was unsuccessful. Therefore, please check the drum potential sensor,ID, and drumīs contact.....
    for dirt, defects, or poor connection and replace if necessary.
    - If the value is 1, auto process control was successful .
    Also....what drum , toner and developer are you using in this machine????
    Do you change the brush roller??? did you examinate-control all the gears that move the brush???...if all of this is done.....and your air system is ok....your development rollers are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Technician

same problem

We want to find out if it would be a good idea to clean out the toner recovery system?
    We have noticed that when we start having the toner streaking problem that the drum unit is covered in toner and the filter has to be cleaned.
    We replaced the drum,blade,cleaning brush,all the filters.
    Also the toner recovery box was replaced about 10 thousand copies ago and has hardly no used toner in it. Leading us to believe that the recovery tubes might be clogged.
    Any ideas about this.
    Thanks

2090 dumping toner

There are 2 waste toner bottles in this machine - the main waste system is under the toner bottles - if this gets plugged up you will know it. The other is for the developer vacuum pump - this is a PM item at 2.4M and is usually less than half full. If the pump fails or lines get clogged the machine will run dirty and have other strange problems.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Technician

fixed

Went back to basic and went with what we thought it might be.
    We replaced the corona wire again. We have run 5,000 copies with the marks gone. Must have had a bad wire. We replaced it a couple of weeks ago. It looked to be installed correctly as well.
    Go figure???????

Thanks for everyones help.

2090 dumping toner

I've been having a very high failure rate on corona assemblies on my 1350's and ProEx machines - to the point where for a while I didn't bother changing wires, I just kept an assembly handy for when they started throwing SC300's. Not sure if it was contamination from whatever paper stock they were using (different customers using mostly different papers) or the plastic used in the end caps was degrading. It's gotten better recently, but I still can't get a million out of a set of coronas without painting the inside of the terminals with teflon grease.
    73 DE W5SSJ