Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AF-2090

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

AF-2090

This copier has 6 million copies. When i select two sided copies with two staples, it throws out the first set and it pops out Jam code 020 every time. Only at this mode. (For examble duplex mode works fine-no jams at all).
    I have cleaned paper feed/transport rolls at duplex tray/inverter,i lubricated stapler, with no effect. In logging data there are also fuser exit sensor jams (015). Does anyone had the same experience? It looks like timing problem but i can't explain it. Thanks for any input.

Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    I don't know jack about this copier, but my troubleshooting guide suggest the following for your jam code:

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    If you haven't already, replace the driven and non driven inverter (duplex) rollers and the solenoid. Also check the duplexer clutch, the alignment guides for wear and the turnover guides for wear.

I think it's the motor that drives the belt which take out of the finisher the stapling pack of parer.Try to change it with another one!
    Who let the donkey out?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar

015 Jams

When last have you replaced the fuser exit sensor ? Look for paper nicks on actuator. That sensor does cause jams if damaged. I have replaced heaps in the past.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    AF-2090

Had very simular problems and it turned out to be a forwarding clutch in the duplex unit slipping.
    While you are working on such a high milage machine have a good look at the stapler joggers to see of they have deep paper cuts in them. Gave me a lot of grief until I spotted why the job was skewing and miss-stapleing.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Wink

Inside the finisher on the staple tray there is a timing belt which has a 2 paper exit pawls on it, one will be missing.

Part numbers are: Paper exit pawl B302-4771.
    Washer A353-2763
    Nut 0710-0020W
    Pan Head screw 0242-0035B

As a matter of course when I attended one of these machines I make sure that these exit pawls are secure.

Hope this helps

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

Smile

It is an SR-840 Finisher with only one paper exit pawl. Others, SR-860 for ex., have two. I checked it and thanks for your input.
    I suspected wear on duplex/finisher metal joggers,turn guides/buffles at duplex tray, so i am waiting for the parts. I will replace duplex clutch,duplex feed-in sensor and fuser exit sensor. Many thanks to all for your interesting..

Bu arılzarın aynısını yakın zamanda bende yaşadım. Baktığım makine 18 milyonda idi. J 15 arızası için fusing exit senlerini değiştirin çünkü kagıt geçtikçe sensor üzerindeki gaganın yüzeyini aşındırıyor. J 20 dublex inverter sensor arızası, dublex ünit içerisindeki kağıtıdın dünüş yaptığı guidelerı aşındığı için bu guideları değiştirin. eger malzemeler elinizde yoksa selenoidlerin ayarını 3 mm daha yüksek ayarlayarak sorunu çözebilirsin.

sorry, I'm learning english

j 15 paper jam= replace AW20 0008 Paper Feed Sensor - Fusing Exit
    j 20 paper jam= replace B070 4661 Gate Pawl duplex,B070 4641 Guide Plate duplex:Lower and
    AW02 0064 Duplex Entrance Sensor, or dublex selonoid positions adjustment

Last edited by pro.b.unal; 12-14-2008 at 07:30 PM.

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pro.b.unal View Post
    Bu arılzarın aynısını yakın zamanda bende yaşadım. Baktığım makine 18 milyonda idi. J 15 arızası için fusing exit senlerini değiştirin çünkü kagıt geçtikçe sensor üzerindeki gaganın yüzeyini aşındırıyor. J 20 dublex inverter sensor arızası, dublex ünit içerisindeki kağıtıdın dünüş yaptığı guidelerı aşındığı için bu guideları değiştirin. eger malzemeler elinizde yoksa selenoidlerin ayarını 3 mm daha yüksek ayarlayarak sorunu çözebilirsin.
    oh shit don´t you know the rules
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound