Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Ricoh Aficio 1035/2035

Does anybody know what would cause a Ricoh Aficio 1035 copier to allow copies where there image is not fixed to the paper. My customer says it usually happens either first thing in the morning and the first copy she makes after the machines been sitting for awhile. No error codes occur. they are running the paper 11x8 1/2, and the fuser units that we use have been rebuilt. I also received another call today that another machine is doing the same thing, however this machine is a Ricoh Aficio 2035.
    Another problem I am having is they run double sided copies but because of however the originals that she uses she can't utilize the duplex option so she has to put them back in the tray to run the backside. The problem though is that on the backside of the copy she is getting mark from where the feed roller pulls the paper into the machine. Copying the way she is copying is the only way I know she can get this mark.
    any help appreciated, thank you.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Turning on fuser idling may help. And, yes putting the copied paper back in the tray is causing the marks on the page, the toner rubs off on the reverse roller and transfers to the paper.

Why can't the customer scan their originals in duplex? If they can't feed them through the adf, they can still do duplexing from the glass, just scan one side, turn over the original, scan the other side, then push the # button after scanning the last original.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    For both the 5635 and LD035 there were firmware updates dealing with poor fusing, try updating 5635 engine firmware to version 2.29 and the LD035 1.13b. For the latter there are some SP changes you'll need to make. You'll find that this will also help make the fuser last a little longer too.
    As for your second issue, I'm not sure how your customer has to put the printed pages back into the tray to print on the second side, unless they're using cardstock. If their originals are too thick or large for the doc feeder, just put the settings for duplex and scan them in by pressing start after each page and then press the # key after scanning the last page to finish the job.
    The marks sound like toner or developer that have spilled through the machine and gotten on the feed rollers. A good cleaning of the rollers and vacuuming of the toner will solve that issue.

firmware updates

not being a ricoh dealer how do i do this? also there is away to check the existing firmware i can't remember could you provide help?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    if anybody have this ricoh firmware upgrade file,please email to me. peterusd@gmail.com thank you.

To check the existing firmware-go to user tools-printer features-configuration page and it print the config page.
    the firmware version in there.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Register on www.tessa-support.com and you will get all firmware updates you require.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    please send me a username and password of it site(i cannot register in this site)
    of course this site changed to Ricoh Support

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio 1035/2035

Quote Originally Posted by akbareshghi View Post
    please send me a username and password of it site(i cannot register in this site)
    of course this site changed to Ricoh Support
    That's not going to happen