Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Mpc 4500 color registration problem

B/W looks fine. None of the colors line up and it won't even pass the rough adjustment in service mode. I replaced the whole transfer unit and cleaned the id sensors and didn't help, still won't pass. Firmware was also updated to the latest and greatest. Any other idea's?

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    Haven't had the colour registration problem but the manual says a few things to try:

Color Registration

The automatic line position adjustment usually is done for a specified condition to get the best color prints.
    Do the following if color registration shifts:
    • Do “Auto Color Registration” as follows to do the forced line position adjustment.
    1. First do SP2-111-3.
    2. Then do SP2-111-1.
    To check if SP 2-111-1 was successful, watch the screen during the process. A message is
    displayed at the end. Also, you can check the result with SP 2-194-10 to -12.

also try the normall ACC or sp 3001-004 (full music) after cleaning the sensors.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Yes have tried that. SP2-111-3 is the rough adjustment. New Id sensors will be in today. Also the color dev units have 180,000 on them which are overdue. I will replace the dev as maybe the patch isn't good enough to get a good registration reading. If all this fails today then I will look at NVram.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

There is a long-ass but effective procedure written for the DSc445s (#32) that has been effective for me. It requires a loupe in order to see the lines but if you have replaced the transfer belt and cleaned the top roller, this is the next step.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 250+ Posts tjvincent's Avatar
    Are all 3 of your colors toned up , if not try toning up manually first , I have seen this a few times cause your line adjust to fail.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Just to update I got this problem resolved today. I replaced the developer and that fixed it right away. I replace all 4 of them but imo the black one was worse off than the colors. It uses black even in full color mode and it was really week causing a poor patch that could not be read. Easy fix thank goodness and I'll file it away in my head for another day!

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Glad you got it sorted out without pulling all your hair out.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+