Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior MFP Technician 50+ Posts 3bok3bok68's Avatar
    Hi YHEL23,

Check the toner hopper maybe the 4 mylar seal remove that why the distribution of toner in developing unit is not enough.good luck

Quote Originally Posted by YHEL23 View Post
    Hi 3bok3bok68,

My client only make 100k copies and the developer can copy unto 320k copies.If i force toner the copy become fine for 5k only.....

Thanks for all the info....I will try it..

Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msaeger View Post
    Do you know what bulletin number this is on I can't find it. This one replaces attempt number 2 D0093011 right ?
    From Tessa
    Attached Images Attached Images

muratozan

Wink

clean magneticroller

mf02
    hai.

i also have this problem but i not replace dev o drum coz still not due only service.i filter the dev and some cases i change mag roller.this method i also used in mp3590/4590 dark,blur & uneven copies.

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    I just put the latest development unit D0092301 in a machine today so we'll see how long it lasts.

Uktech

Post Hi to all on this thread

Am interested to see how long the machine works with the new developer unit, hopefully, you replaced the charge roller at the same time. Definitely check the continuity of the drum earth shaft as have had a number of these fail (D009-1111), in addition check the continuity though the charge roller electrode plate connection assembly at the rear frame side (connection between parts D009-2317 and D009-2318), this will exhibit as SC304 or as very high values for the charge roller (up around 2000v) and may have no continuity when checked with a meter.
    Last edited by Uktech; 01-10-2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Additional information

E Winter
    Quote Originally Posted by FRIDGEMAGNET View Post
    Hot off the press
    There is now a new dev unit available that they say helps to prevent the toner sticking to the mag roller.
    D009 2301
    I'm really curious if this is going to be the long awaited solution. So far there's no TB beside the MB wich is referring to the new DV unit and "allows" us to undo the SP modifications wich makes the machines lighter.

But 100k without trouble isn't indeed that bad for this POS

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP4000 ligth copy

I guess we had the inside track on these - we've been getting them in as a sub for the original part number for almost 2 months. It does seem to help, but not nearly enough. It seems to extend the period of nausea about 50% before the machine actually barfs, but it's not the 200% improvement needed to bring the machine back to spec.
    73 DE W5SSJ

richeyrich

Lightbulb Light copies on MP4000~5000

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    It's not unusual to have to replace developer on this model well before the PM limit. There is an issue with this model with toner sticking to the mag roller and throwing off the settings. Ricoh has put out several bulletins on this issue. Also check your drum ground. Anything higher than 5 ohms and you should replace that as well.
    Start with developer though, also make sure your customer is using the correct toner.
    Attach about 1 inch piece of paper clip from frame to end of drum shaft with small amount of conductive grease this was the issue with the old 450's