Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    We also facing this problem and i want to do a experiment, since the drum of this model is the same with Aficio 2045 so i want try to use the developer and toner Af 2045. what do you think guys?
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar
    A few guys here have converted the toner add motor and have done exactly that with positive results....
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Senior Tech 100+ Posts spaceman99's Avatar

Cool

There is no true fix for this yet. Until Ricoh alter the wax level with in the toner then we will have to carry on inventing new fixes. Hence on why using the old dev and toner from a 203 works. . The wax was added to make it better for the planet, but the amount of industry going into to repairing it seems a bit off balance. In a away its not a bad thing, as it has kept a lot of people in a job !!! NOT long now before we follow Hp and IT dept start changing the complete component.

me ...well i change the mag roller and dev every time. Even after cleaning the mag roller so you can eat of it, still does not prevent for getting dirty. I also give the pcu a good clean. This seem to last around 40k in my high volume mch.

Re the start of this thread....I would go for the hopper.

oh my goodness .........just read this back to my self...apologies i may off gone a bit deep there..
    oh well ,,,good luck.

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman99 View Post
    There is no true fix for this yet. Until Ricoh alter the wax level with in the toner then we will have to carry on inventing new fixes. Hence on why using the old dev and toner from a 203 works. . The wax was added to make it better for the planet, but the amount of industry going into to repairing it seems a bit off balance. In a away its not a bad thing, as it has kept a lot of people in a job !!! NOT long now before we follow Hp and IT dept start changing the complete component.

me ...well i change the mag roller and dev every time. Even after cleaning the mag roller so you can eat of it, still does not prevent for getting dirty. I also give the pcu a good clean. This seem to last around 40k in my high volume mch.

Re the start of this thread....I would go for the hopper.

oh my goodness .........just read this back to my self...apologies i may off gone a bit deep there..
    oh well ,,,good luck.
    Are you just replacing the mag roller ? I have only been able to get the whole dev unit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts spaceman99's Avatar
    The complete unit. your correct as the mag roller not available.

E Winter
    After my experiences I'm shure that the default process control settings are leading to a light image. This is a common example:

I did a PM (renewing PCU part), clean the Mag roller and keep the dev (if <160k) -> black lacks like before the pm, almost no difference. If I do a manual toner add (complete run, no interruption via front door open after a few secs) via SP mode I'm getting a stunning black and no background, so the dev is still healthy. In this state I've tried to do a TD and ID sensor initialisation but after a few thousand copies the black density fades away again. Now I'm playing aroung with other SP's wich are affecting the ID sensor measurement but no results so far.

Feel free to share your thoughts - maybe somebody else is messing arounds with the SP's as well^^

Edit:

Samples:

Top: Image quality right after PM
    Center: Image quality after performing manual Toner add
    Bottom: Image quality after a few thousand copies

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar
    The problem is the wax type toner. Build up on the mag roller causes less toner available to the drum, This causes poor patch to be created, This causes over toning, This causes even more toner to build up on the mag roller, This causes even less toner available to the drum...and so on and so on
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

E Winter
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    The problem is the wax type toner. Build up on the mag roller causes less toner available to the drum, This causes poor patch to be created, This causes over toning, This causes even more toner to build up on the mag roller, This causes even less toner available to the drum...and so on and so on
    I would have shared this opinion some time ago but I think it's not the main cause for light image density anymore.

The new toner type does indeed still built up a coating on the mag roller - it's less compared to the old toner but still an issue. The best improvement of the new toner is that I don't have any problems with grey background anymore. It's basicly just the "light density" issue and I'm shure that the machine's process control is causing this - otherwise we should see a much better black after cleaning the mag roller but I've never seen a noticeable better a/b comparision. I really need to perform a manual toner add via SP so that the machines adds quite a lot toner - black is great then without any backround. That wouldn't have worked with the old toner type - I mostly got backround after trying to add some toner. Well, like I said even if you perform a TD+ID sensor initialisation after adding toner until the black looks good the process control doesn't care and the machine will become lighter after a few thousand copies (where the mag roller looks still great).

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts GhostInTheMachine's Avatar
    We have had good luck with the modifications. All machines going to pm or better. But to get these result, you have to do all steps involved.

Replaced dev unit, dev. (with new style)
    Make SURE the customer has the new style toner and no old toner in their supplies.
    Also replace pcu components at the same time. Drum, blade, charge roller. (For some reason this box doesn't like replacing dev by itself.)
    Make sure to disassemble pcu and vacuum out ALL old style toner.
    Make SP modifications as per tech bulletin.

Leave out any one of these things and you will be facing the same problems shortly.

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    Did everyone see there is a part number for just the mag roller now ? I wonder if just putting that in instead for the dev unit would be good enough ? I would think so there's not much else in the dev unit.