Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jslawell

ScanRouter V2.0.4.0 Network Drives

I have an Aficio AP3800C. ScanRouter V2.0.4.0 is installed on a Windows 2000 PC. It has been setup to save scanned documents to a network drive. I currently have 15 users setup in this fashion. When I try to set up a new destination, I no longer can see the network drives. I only see the C: drive. The current 15 users are still able to scan documents to the network drive.

I can see the network drives from Windows Explorer.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    I think you have to install it as a service not a start up folder item for the network drives to show up.

jslawell

Install as a service

Thanks for your response.

I do have it installed as a service. It is also working for existing users. It just won't allow me to add new users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar
    Do you think it could be related to the account you are logging in as. Isn't there an admin account login? Just a thought may be misleading!

jslawell

user rights

the user that is logged in has admin rights to the network. I can also see the drives using windows explorer.

IT Technician 100+ Posts fausto1981's Avatar
    Are you sure that you have Scan Router Pro??? not the free version because the free version only allows you to scan to a local drive. If you have the Prossional edition then you shoul be able to scan to a network drive or a mapped drive.

There is also a simple work around if all you have to do is to add one user.
    I would create a batch file that moves anything from the local drive to a mapped drive on the PC. and just create a windows task to run like every 5 minutes...

Good Luck

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ScanRouter V2.0.4.0 Network Drives

Quote Originally Posted by msaeger View Post
    I think you have to install it as a service not a start up folder item for the network drives to show up.
    You got that backwards - it has to be installed as a startup not a service in order to access network drives. SR lite will hit network drives, but not on XP - Microsoft changed the underlying access protocols SR uses in order to try forcing people into buying server software.
    73 DE W5SSJ

jslawell

Run from the Startup group

I uninstalled the program and re-installed it with the option to "run from startup" and I can now see the network drives.

Thanks for eveyones help.

John

PS.

I notied when I uninstalled it, I had the Lite version. But I can still see the network drives.