Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    shadowrayz

Exclamation I/O device is already related to a different delivery server

Hello

I had one of my servers die on me (dead as a doorknob) and I installed ScanRouter V2 Lite on another system. I have three MFP's and only one is working correctly with the delivery server. The one that is working is a Lanier 5635.

The two that are not working are Aficio 2045eSP and Aficio 2035e.

The ScanRouter software sees them when I add as an I/O Device (IP address or browse). When I remove them from the I/O Device list, I get the following error:

"This I/O device is already related to a different delivery server. (another delivery server IP address is already allotted to this device.) Do you want to retain the I/O device settings for the server until its status is confirmed?"

How can I reset the MFP's so that the IP addresses aren't related?

I have searched for answers in the manuals and Googled until blue-in-the-face

Thanks in advance... ~Shadowrayz

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar

May help!

If you go up to the two MFD's and press User tools, Systems settings, File transfer, Delivery server are you able to manually enter the new servers IP address? If the ip address is still the same and that is not going to help I would try doing a NCS memory clear through the service mode. That should clear all network settings on the device.

shadowrayz
    I am unable to manually enter the new IP address. It is stuck at 000.000.000.000.
    Can you tell me how to do the NCS memory clearing?

Thanks for the fast response...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar

May be a better option!

I had a look at previous issues on tech site relating to similar situation, if you know how to access the service mode follow the below info to change the delivery server Ip address.

From the Aficio device enter Copier SP Mode, then enter 5845 which displays the "Delivery Server Settings", select 2 "IP Address". Add the IP address of the ScanRouter Server.

If you have a service agreement with the machines ask a tech to make the adjustment as it sounds like it may be a solution to your problem.

As a last resort: (NCS memory clear)

SP: 5801 11 NCS Network Control Service. Initializes the system
    defaults and interface settings (IP addresses also),
    Smart Net Monitor for Admin, Web Status Monitor
    settings, and the TELNET settings.

Please note not to do a full memory all clear as this can cause all types of issues if you are not trained on the product. The NCS will clear all network settings so take note of IP, Subnet, Gateway,DNS, WINS, SMTP ect before doing it as you will have to re-enter to get printing up and running again.

Just advise hope this info help...

shadowrayz
    Too late... What a mess it made (SC329 error)

I made the change and like you stated, it wiped it ALL out. I was able to fix the errors. I will let you know about the Delivery Server after I make those changes.

shadowrayz
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scott View Post
    I had a look at previous issues on tech site relating to similar situation, if you know how to access the service mode follow the below info to change the delivery server Ip address.

From the Aficio device enter Copier SP Mode, then enter 5845 which displays the "Delivery Server Settings", select 2 "IP Address". Add the IP address of the ScanRouter Server.
    That Did The Trick!
    Thank you for the Solution....

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    I/O device is already related to a different delivery server

I ran into something like this today.
    Delivery server fail.
    I went to the server and SR asked me to confirm the admin password.
    I thought it meant SR password.
    Slap my head, she had changed her windows password.
    I logged in to SR after getting the old and new passwords.
    I removed the I/O device and told it yes to everything, after telling no a couple of times.
    I added I/O device and let SR browse for the device.
    Found it and added it.
    Restarted services and I was back on line.
    Hope this helps.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?