Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

MPC 2500 clear copy problem

Hi

This problem occur in copy/printing and is not permanent (happened time to time ). Half of the image is clear/erased.
    OPC is new, colour OK ( problem only with black). I tried to change the
    image transfer unit,and this time i had a permanent problem , caused by the transfer unit,i tested this unit on another copy machine and had the same trouble.Any help would be appreciated.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Check you have the latest level of engine firmware which is version 1.131:01 and the system/copy firmware which is 1.69. The firmware was upgraded as there was a problem with the laser shutter not operating properly causing image to be faint or missing down one side. Hope this is of help to you.

Quote Originally Posted by techspec View Post
    Check you have the latest level of engine firmware which is version 1.131:01 and the system/copy firmware which is 1.69. The firmware was upgraded as there was a problem with the laser shutter not operating properly causing image to be faint or missing down one side. Hope this is of help to you.

Thanks a lot Techspec, that's exactly what i did and problem is now solved ! The strangest is that the problem occured only in B and W
    mode, colour was OK !

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    The MPC2500/3000/3500/4500 have been an absolute shitbag for firmware issues since they were release, this fault has been one of the stranger ones. I'd strongly recommend any of these machines you visit, make sure you update them all to the latest level of firmware, that includes the printer, scanner, fax, finisher etc. Better to be safe than sorry!
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.