Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Miller

Savin SDC410e Touch Screen

We have a Savin SDC410e and a co-worker has done something to it to make the touch screen stop working when he went into the service mode to try to clear a error code. I was hoping there was a quick fix for this before I called it in. Thank you for any help.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Try doing the calibration - CM-1993-StopX5 - use the button on the keypad for touch screen cal (usually either 1 or #) and follow the prompts...
    73 DE W5SSJ

Miller
    Thank you for your help. I tried to do what you suggested, but I can’t enter 4 numbers it will only do the first 3. After talking with the co-worker I found out what he did was clear the NVRam, I am not sure what that means but hope it will help someone out who does. Thank you again for any help.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

It will only show the first few numbers on the display, but it knows you hit all 4 - and it will return to 1 when you start hitting stop. The display doesn't matter, just punch in all 10 keypresses and the machine will enter the op panel service mode, then do the calibration and you should be good for the display at least. If the tech cleared ALL NVRam you will likely have other issues...
    73 DE W5SSJ

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    If the NVRam was cleared you've basically reduced the machine's IQ to that of a cabbage. All it's settings have been lost. Service call time I'm afraid, and be prepared for a BIG bill.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar

Time to start looking!

Open front cover, lift up plastic info sheet in front door. Under should be a white page with a whole lot of service info. Ask the dude that did the nvram clear to input all the settings on the page. Then do a colour calibration. If not there it may be taped to the inside of the rear cover. If missing phone for help.

When you do a nvram clear it wipes out all laser, dev, drum, charge, alignment settings and especially on a colour model you would do well to get it to norm again....but see it as a challenge... nothing to lose!

Miller
    Thank you all so much for your help. I found the paper and it has a bunch od sp codes on it and I am not sure how I go about entering in the info I found. Do I do it in the SP mode? I just found out that our service contract has ended for this unit, and the guy who started this mess is not with us anymore so I was put in charge of geting it up and running.

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    Yeah, the paper will have the values listed per SP code. You'll have to enter the service mode, then go into each sp value and input the factory spec. This will at least get you in the ballpark for the machine to self calibrate.

Once you are in service mode, going through the service codes are just a little bit different than other Ricoh machines, but it isn't too hard.

Oh man, wiping the NVRAM!!!! I had one where the NVRAM got corrupted, and the regional service rep had to come out and put back in the serial #, etc, that was beyond the normal service mode. But, wiping it should not require that.

Once all of the numbers are back into the machine, calibrating it will change a few values. What you're looking for it to make sure that your process control values will stabilize. There are specific SP values that need to be referenced once the specific calibration modes are performed.

These color machines can be very picky and they are maintenance hogs. I was factory trained on them, yet they were still a pain.

I'd normally say don't mess with it, but given the condition of the machine at this point, enter the values. If it is still giving you problems after that, you'll have to put in a service call, as it'll be deeper than you'll want to go, and probably what most techs will want to mess with either. It's an older machine and there may not be too many guys that are experts on the box. The newer color machines are way too easy to work on compared to this model.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+