Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    RManPT

Nashua DSC224 driver settings restriction

Hi all.

I have to setup this machine at a client that asked to restrict printer driver configurations so that the default is b&w printing and only allowed operators could change this default setting to color (by a password control). They have other nashuas that do this but they are more recent models (and were installed by others). I've read all the manuals I could find and I can't get any info on that. The client tells me that for the other MFPs they had to be integrated on the domain

I'm really new to nashuatec and any comments would be apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Rui Rodrigues

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Nashua DSC224 driver settings restriction

From properties of the driver>Printer preferences>B/W

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

RManPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    From properties of the driver>Printer preferences>B/W
    Hi there, thx for the reply ...

Maybe I was not to explicit (my english is poor). I got that so far but what I really want is to block the possibility of changing that same setting for some users(or group of users) and allow it to others (with password). Is it possible? How do I achieve that?

Rui Rodrigues

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    You might try running it through a print server then, through group policy, gray out the areas for those settings to only where you or someone with rights can change that.

I think I know what you're talking about with a user's code, but I don't know if you will have explicit control of the b&w/color settings and their ability to be locked from changing that. The user code generally only permits printing and keeps track of their printing. I know that using a print server will give you more control.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+

RManPT
    Hi there

I tryed to explore your sugestion and I almost had it working but then I was abble to use those user codes exactly as I wanted. Client is satisfied. Job done Although I will make more experiences with the print server and domain permissions.

Thx a lot!

Topic can be closed

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    There is also a PCL editor that can be downloaded from the TSC site. I've also just used a B/W driver in place of the color driver with success.