Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question Ricoh 1515MF Web interface password?

I was trying to reset the web interface password on a ricoh aficio 1515mf. I tried using all the defaul passwords like..... admin, leave it black, and supervisor. I even went into the sp mode to reset the password but I still cant get into the web interface. Any other suggestions or other sp modes i need to go into.

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    Here...I found the exact info you need...

Administrators do not need to enter a username. They only need to remember their password. If this password is forgotten, please try the following:
    1) The admin password is the same for both WebImageMoniter and telnet. Ask whether the customer remembers either of the two.
    2) Try the factory default "password".
    3) If both 1) and 2) do not work, a service engineer has to reset the password for the customer. Follow these steps:
    3-1) (IMPORTANT) Print a configuration sheet at the beginning. You will need the configuration sheet to restore the network settings.
    3-2) Enter SP mode.
    3-3) Enter SP 5-801-011 (Memory Clear > NCS).
    3-4) Press [Execute].
    3-5) You will be asked for confirmation. (IMPORTANT) This will reset all of the network and interface settings. Make sure you have printed the configuration sheet. Press [Execute] once again.
    3-6) Turn off the device, then turn it back on.
    3-7) Restore all the network settings to the values of the configuration sheet.
    3-8) The above steps should have reset the password to the factory default, "password".
    3-9) Finally, the customer should log in to the device and change the password to their own. This can be done using Web Image Monitor or telnet ("passwd" command).
    Last edited by KopyKat; 01-24-2009 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Found correct info

thanks that did it!

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar

Thumbs up

Yer Welcome! Thank you for posting that the solution worked for your issue. It helps others in the forum as well!

Gave ya rep power or your courtesy to others.
    Last edited by KopyKat; 01-28-2009 at 06:34 AM. Reason: just cuz