Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

thoughts: Ricoh Aficio 250 and Savin 2513F

Bossman is wanting me to look around and find a 'cheap' replacement copier for our spare that has died...I made the mistake of finding a deal for the business a while back, two ep6001's for $600 and they lasted a little over a year...now that they know deals are out there and they look on craigslist, they want me to find more...

Basically at this point is I just want to find out reputations of copiers and throw the deal I found on the table and see what you guys think...yes, this is gambling and they know that.....

First one I found is a Ricoh Aficio 250 with 142672 on the clock and comes with a high capacity attachment...owner says it works fine, but business has closed and he needs it gone...asking $400 but no bites and said he would take any reasonable offer....

the second one is a Savin 2513F. Guy says the unit is fully functional, again, business is gone and he does not need it anymore...asking $150...with spare toner...

would anyone take a shot at these lottery tickets or I guess the real thing I am looking for is if either of these are models that should not be touched with a 10 foot pole...

Thanks for your repeated assistance...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I believe the Ricoh 250 is pushing the no more parts available date. Not sure of the other one.

Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    Take the Savin.The model itself is 4 years younger than the Ricoh and i think you will find yourself better off.The Savin DF is not very tough but the engine seems to be ok.

Technician
    guy just got back to me on the savin and it's copy count is 33,000.....

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Funnyfarm69's Avatar
    Bear in mind the savin is only A4!!!!!!!!!!
    MINES A PINT!

Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    Good point funnyfarm69.Blacksunshine,is that going to be a problem you can work around?If not then you may want to keep looking for models that will support legal size also.

Technician
    see, that's why I come here....good info that I obviously would not have caught....

hmm...have to aske the powers that be...heck, for a working copier for $150....I think we will still end up getting it....just have to see....I don't think we really copy legal all that much....

Thanks guys...will be back....