Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Sr-3220 booklet off-center

Have a couple of these finishers all doing the same thing...When trying to do saddle-stitch on letter paper, the bottom staple is not in line with the center fold line.

I have been going through all the periph sp tables and cannot for the life of me figure this out.

So my first question is which SP adjust the staple position and which SP adjust the center fold line?

Second, I'm assuming for the staple position adjustment...it moves both staples. So my main issue with only 1 staple being off center, would that be a separate sp? would that be a skew correction? or could that be something within the finisher itself (obstruction in paper path, bad springs, dirty tires) causing it to be crooked.

One finisher staples and folds slightly crooked, the other folds perfect but the bottom staple is off center.

Any help is appreciated...thanks!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Sr-3220 booklet off-center

does it saddle stitch letter size? or does it require a larger size paper for saddle stitching?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    does it saddle stitch letter size? or does it require a larger size paper for saddle stitching?
    Letter size SEF, Short Edge Feed.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    Have a couple of these finishers all doing the same thing...When trying to do saddle-stitch on letter paper, the bottom staple is not in line with the center fold line.

I have been going through all the periph sp tables and cannot for the life of me figure this out.

So my first question is which SP adjust the staple position and which SP adjust the center fold line?

Second, I'm assuming for the staple position adjustment...it moves both staples. So my main issue with only 1 staple being off center, would that be a separate sp? would that be a skew correction? or could that be something within the finisher itself (obstruction in paper path, bad springs, dirty tires) causing it to be crooked.

One finisher staples and folds slightly crooked, the other folds perfect but the bottom staple is off center.

Since finishers do not have SP modes, what the hell copier is it attached to?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post

Try swapping the 2 finishers. Most likely the problem will stay with the finisher. If so, you have a skewing problem with the finisher. If not you have a skewing problem with the copier, probably in the bridge unit.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If the finisher is okay with the PM and cleaning / lubrication, the SPs you should go look for in: Engine SP Tables-6

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terramobil View Post
    The SR3220 fits the MP 2555 to MP 4055, and MP C2004, to MP C6004.
    '
    Thanks. Being retired, I can no longer access TSRC and rfg-esource to look up finishers.

From looking at the saddle stitch detailed description in the service manual, the jogger fences should remove any skew prior to the paper entering saddle stitch stapler. However if the jogger fences retract before the stapling and the bottom fence is bent that will cause the problem. I have encountered bent bottom fences on older models.

It could also be that one if staplers is out of position. Possibly as loose mount screw.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks...yes I have been browsing the Engine SP Tables-6, that was where in the past I adjusted the staple position but I will look at the jogger fences on the finisher itself.