Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: BK5010 setup

BK5010 setup

Hi all, I have to install this thing(with trimmer and booklet maker) and have never done it. The Tech that was supposed to do it will be out and I am the next victim.
    What to look out for? It will be installed with a LD190/SR5000 combo. I understand this thing can be a pain. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Have you got the set up mauale that comes with the plotmatic the only advice i can give is follow all the insructons to the letter the set up is the most inportant part make sure the bk maker lines up with the copier and if you want to turn off fold delay these are nice m/c if you set them up ok

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    I second everything.

Also, make sure you dedicate at least half a day (possibly more) to installing this thing, they are a complete bastard. Keep an eye out for the special wrench thing that comes with the machine too, it's an important tool for measuring spaces and distances etc.

I've only done one of these things before and it did my head in.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

It's all done, getting all the "boxes" level adjusted so the customer can undock the whole works and also unlatch the BF5010 so the trimmings can be removed from the TR5010 was a large PITA. The floor had some humps right where it all had to go. Man this thing is long when all the stuff is connected.