Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Savin sdc555v printing preferences

hey guys, I installed a triple nickel with a mailbox into an account a week and a half ago. windows server 2003 and windows xp workstations. I loaded the rpcs driver on the server, went to the advanced tab>printing defaults and set up color preferences for black and white and on individual workstations pulled down the printer and set up their preferences for their individually preferred mailbox. The customer called me today and they said that when they go to print a job and select 2 sided printing the machine will change the preferences to color and will send everything to the shift tray of the finisher instead of the mailbox initially specified in printing preferences. any input on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    Could it be that they are clicking the icon for duplex color? Is it just one user or all? My money is on one user clicking wrong one. Bottom line is you won't know till you actually see it happen. I'm sure you'll find the answer.

If they have an IT person it could be that he/she fiddled with something in the setup. Seen that happen a lot too.

Technician
    hey kopykat, thank you for the very quick response, i spoke with the customer today and i did ask them if it was multiple user or just one and she informed me it was multiple users. i am scheduled to go there tomorrow so you are right i will see it for myself tomorrow. and of course i was assured by the customer that no settings have been changed since i did the install (you know that old gag). i'll post the results when i'm completed no matter how silly it is. thanx again.

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    Yer welcome. Yes I do know that gag "No we didn't change anything" *cough-cough*.

Looking forward to your resolution. I give rep points to people who post their results cuz it helps everyone else.