Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Vsg,Vsp, Vd

Technician

Vsg,Vsp, Vd

I been working on Ricoh copiers for a while now, but so far I've not used Vsg,Vsp,Vd or Vt for troubleshooting purposes. How can I use them? I know what they mean i just dont know what to do if one is to high or too low.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    You don't need this values in your daily work, it's more theoretical knowledge. Most of the time these sensors are working fine.
    You could need them when your machine is malfunctioning without generating a service call for example. You could also sometimes need them with copy quality issues.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    I always print off the data at each service call just in case, but rarely do I refer to those readings unless I cannot figure out the problem for love or money.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Yeah, VSP and VSG are normally used to determine if the ID sensor is doing it's job right. On the Adonis for example, the machine develops a little square patch on the drum during process control which the ID sensor has a peek at. VSG means Voltage Substrate Ground (bare drum measurement), VSP means Voltage Substrate Patch (patch measured). The ID sensor reads the voltage difference between the two and then the machine decides how much laser power to use, charge bias etc.

If your VD is too high you need to visit the clap clinic.
    Last edited by TonerMunkeh; 02-09-2009 at 08:22 AM.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    hehe-the clap clinic.

Yes, these voltages will help you troubleshoot ID sensor & drum issues, and usually you can reference these settings after you set up the developer, as the toner density will affect the patch density on the drum.

I would say that, on a day-to-day basis, you won't really look at them. Occasionally, I'll glance at them to make sure they're within spec, but I will definitely look at them if I'm having a copy quality problem that relates to dv or drum. They are just a reference point for troubleshooting.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar

I found this in some of my old stuff. It's a Power Point Presentation on Process Control in both analog and digital Ricoh family. Pretty basic stuff and last updated a year ago, but some may find it useful---other may find it boring.

Enjoy...or not.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.

Technician
    Thanxs for the replies.