Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Scan to Email - DNS won't connect MP C6004

It is fixed...turned out the fault lied with the ISP. There was an issue with having both a modem and a router and if I understood correctly I believe they assigned the MFP an IP address that either didn't receive internet or was blocked by the firewall (or both). The simple fix was to eliminate the router completely and just have the modem directly connected.

Sorry I'm a little fuzzy on the details as when I went out there to update the firmware and it had already been resolved but I was unaware, so I'm trying to communicate what was told to me was the fix. But hopefully this can still help someone else with a similar issue.

Cheers

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    It is fixed...turned out the fault lied with the ISP. There was an issue with having both a modem and a router and if I understood correctly I believe they assigned the MFP an IP address that either didn't receive internet or was blocked by the firewall (or both). The simple fix was to eliminate the router completely and just have the modem directly connected.

Sorry I'm a little fuzzy on the details as when I went out there to update the firmware and it had already been resolved but I was unaware, so I'm trying to communicate what was told to me was the fix. But hopefully this can still help someone else with a similar issue.

Cheers

Thanks for the update. Always helps to know what the solution to your problem was

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Scan to Email - DNS won't connect MP C6004

had a school IT guy swear to me that the issue couldn't be the server causing the problem. (being a school i am guessing they are using a server? ) simple thing i told him to try was to bypass the server. do the setup directly onto the pc. and try that. he told me on 3 different phone calls it couldn't be the server. ok that's fine, just try what i recommend to rule it out. this was just a install for a print driver. well 3 weeks later he calls back. not long before the issue came up, he had just installed a new server. the last time he could, he was like don't celebrate, but the issue was the server... i was thinking well sir i told you 3 times to try it without the server.
    i would recommend to him that if the email server is on his server, try maybe the gmail server. try to bypass the server all together. i have had times when i have talked to a IT person before, and i know more about whats going on than they do. ummmm you should know this better than me. i had one recently who didn't even know how to install a HP plotter on her PC. this is the simple stuff, and you don't know how to do that? maybe you are in the wrong line of work...
    i have had to coach IT along on a matter. then they have a moment when the light bulb goes on. lol