Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

mp c6004 Blk not toning up , question

I had a mp c6004 not toning up blk, no toner in the chute to the DV, the bottle would turn once and then the machine would cycle for minuets and then stop and say no toner/replace blk toner.
    I fixed it but heres my question
    I replaced the sub hopper or the toner holding area if you will with another form a parts machine, the old one had toner in it, it was full...what wasnt working? there is a sensor on the side, im assuming to tell the machine the sub hopper is empty,
    after i replaced the sub hopper with a parts machine one i had, it was also full, i booted the machine, the bottle spun once, then again about 3 to 4 times, then it came to ready.
    i watched the sub hopper motor cycle? there was no obstruction,whats the difference?
    im just curious , im guessing the density sensor on the side of the sub hopper was faulty?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: mp c6004 Blk not toning up , question

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    I had a mp c6004 not toning up blk, no toner in the chute to the DV, the bottle would turn once and then the machine would cycle for minuets and then stop and say no toner/replace blk toner.
    I fixed it but heres my question
    I replaced the sub hopper or the toner holding area if you will with another form a parts machine, the old one had toner in it, it was full...what wasnt working? there is a sensor on the side, im assuming to tell the machine the sub hopper is empty,
    after i replaced the sub hopper with a parts machine one i had, it was also full, i booted the machine, the bottle spun once, then again about 3 to 4 times, then it came to ready.
    i watched the sub hopper motor cycle? there was no obstruction,whats the difference?
    im just curious , im guessing the density sensor on the side of the sub hopper was faulty?

Empty the old sub hopper you will most likely find the auger screw has failed. They are week flimsy plastic.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: mp c6004 Blk not toning up , question

yeah those augers are junk..... very common issue.