Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

MP 4055 doc feeder jam issue

The Mp 4055 doc feeder works fine, when you lift the doc feeder to make a copy of a smaller document (license,id card, etc) is shows a Jam in the exit section under the doc feeder with the release lever, if i remove the doc feeder cover exposing the circuit board area, and open the doc feeder top cover, hold down the actuator switch that tells the machine the top is closed, it will not do the jam indication, with the top closed, it shows Jam indication every time you raise the lower the doc feeder, it shows the second its lowered, not when its raised, It does not show jam when using the auto feed doc feeder just when its raised then lowered, ive checked the hinges, tension screw with spring either way does not resolve it, Firmware is the latest
    has anyone had this issue on this model?, i never have had this issue ever on any ricoh
    Thanks for any info

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MP 4055 doc feeder jam issue

Try cleaning all the black sensor felts

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    L'alimentatore per documenti Mp 4055 funziona correttamente, quando si solleva l'alimentatore per documenti per fare una copia di un documento più piccolo (licenza, carta d'identità, ecc.) viene mostrato un inceppamento nella sezione di uscita sotto l'alimentatore del documento con la leva di rilascio, se rimuovo il coperchio dell'alimentatore del documento esponendo l'area del circuito stampato e apro il coperchio superiore dell'alimentatore del documento, tenere premuto l'interruttore dell'attuatore che indica alla macchina che la parte superiore è chiusa, non farà l'indicazione dell'inceppamento, con la parte superiore chiusa, mostra l'indicazione dell'inceppamento ogni volta che si alza più in basso l'alimentatore doc, mostra il secondo è abbassato, non quando è sollevato, non mostra l'inceppamento quando si utilizza l'alimentatore automatico del documento solo quando è sollevato e poi abbassato, ive controllato le cerniere, vite di tensione con molla in entrambi i casi non lo risolve, il firmware è l'ultimo
    qualcuno ha avuto questo problema su questo modello?, non ho mai avuto questo problema su nessuna ricoh
    Grazie per qualsiasi informazione
    Try to clean the sensors , and update the firmware for the DF 3090 , this kind of Adf have many problems.
    Memento Audere Semper

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Is the original stamp holder locked into place? It's such a pain in the arse on this DF.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

The Mp 4055 doc feeder works fine, when you lift the doc feeder to make a copy of a smaller document (license,id card, etc) is shows a Jam in the exit section under the doc feeder with the release lever, if i remove the doc feeder cover exposing the circuit board area, and open the doc feeder top cover, hold down the actuator switch that tells the machine the top is closed, it will not do the jam indication, with the top closed, it shows Jam indication every time you raise the lower the doc feeder, it shows the second its lowered, not when its raised, It does not show jam when using the auto feed doc feeder just when its raised then lowered, ive checked the hinges, tension screw with spring either way does not resolve it, Firmware is the latest
    has anyone had this issue on this model?, i never have had this issue ever on any ricoh
    Thanks for any info
    due to confusing translation, I'm not sure I understood the problem correctly.
    However, try to check that the sliding plastic of the stamp holder in the photo are aligned, and give everything a good blow.

3090.jpg
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

see picture this is the doc feeder model 20231011_082453.jpg20231011_082453.jpg im not sure where the stamp is on this one
    thee problem is when the doc feeder is lifted to make a small copy on the glass it says its jammed when the feeder is lowered , it does not jam in auto feed what so ever
    and there is NO papewr in the jammed section

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    due to confusing translation, I'm not sure I understood the problem correctly.
    However, try to check that the sliding plastic of the stamp holder in the photo are aligned, and give everything a good blow.

3090.jpg
    how dp i access this section you show?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Is it the single pass or ARDF?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

how dp i access this section you show?
    You must simply lift the doc trasparent tray on the top of rdf
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

see picture this is the doc feeder model 20231011_082453.jpg20231011_082453.jpg im not sure where the stamp is on this one
    thee problem is when the doc feeder is lifted to make a small copy on the glass it says its jammed when the feeder is lowered , it does not jam in auto feed what so ever
    and there is NO papewr in the jammed section
    I checked, the product code D3b0 corresponds to the single-pass SPDF, so what I suggested is not valid, at this point you must necessarily check the jam code in SP mode to understand what the device sees, use SP 7-508- 001> and sp 7-515-001> to understand the offending sensor