Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

AF3228 Overtoning

Hi there. I have a 3228 that is puking yellow and magenta onto the pages and transfer belt. Also its giving sc388. Already replaced the dev units. Any ideas?

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    Not sure this applies but....The very first thing that comes to my mind is non-OEM toner. After market toner is not the same 'opacity' as OEM thus causing major quality problems on color units especially. Saw many units puke with crap afer market stuff.

Second thing is what condition are your PCU's?

The SC388 is a Development gamma error cyan so you have a cyan problem as well.

Old worn PCU's can cause the same problem. I usually replace the PCU and Dev Units as sets.

Never
    use non OEM toner in these models...you will only cause more pain than gain.

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The pcu's are new as well. genuine toners are being used. Sometimes you get a dud machine. This is one of them. First the hard drives failed, then the fuser gave sc555. Then the machine failed line position and gave blurry copies. Then the customer broke the paper tray. And now, this. this all happen a few months apart. Customer suggested accidentally throwing the machine out the window. But it was to heavy and big.

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    Smells like a lemon to me after hearing all the problems you are having.

Just two more thoughts: Power and firmware.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I've seen my share of 'personality disorder' machines as well. You have my complete sympathy. Some have made me want to toss them out the window myself. Maybe the customer could leave it next to an open window next time it rains??

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.