Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    blder2000

Replacing Printer/Copier HDD

Hello
    I have found that our Gestetner DSM627 needs the hard drive replaced. We ran the service codes to reformat but nothing worked. It still gives error codes. I have been searching all over for a new one. I finally found one place but he couldnt tell me if it comes with the software to run the machine. Replacing it is easy enough but I assume a new hard drive needs the software right? How else would it run or am I missing something??

Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Replacing Printer/Copier HDD

Quote Originally Posted by blder2000 View Post
    Hello
    I have found that our Gestetner DSM627 needs the hard drive replaced. We ran the service codes to reformat but nothing worked. It still gives error codes. I have been searching all over for a new one. I finally found one place but he couldnt tell me if it comes with the software to run the machine. Replacing it is easy enough but I assume a new hard drive needs the software right? How else would it run or am I missing something??

Thanks

You don't have to do anything with a Ricoh product when it comes to replacing the HDD... you just need to make sure it's the right size and it's new. If it's not new, then you need to make sure it's out of the same model machine.

All you need to do is go to your local computer parts supplier and pick up a 2.5 HDD (proper size GB). Throw it in there and power it up..... Good to go!
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    CompTia Server+ Certified
    CompTia Project+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

blder2000

Thanks!!

I did buy a new hard drive, installed it & it fired right up. Thanks very much for the feedback

CGnTulsa
    I have found that any hard drive, as long as it is the same type (ATA/SATA), and at least the size of the original size if not more, will work. Just make sure you format it with the machine when you install it. Had to do this myself yesterday.