Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP C5503 image quality

MP C5503 image quality

Hi, All. I have a c5503 that has very inconsistent image quality. Image 1 is how she likes it. She printed that one in the morning. Image 2 was printed later in the day, and is very different . Same driver settings on both, PCL 6. This is a document she prints all the time, and this issue just popped up 2 days ago. I have cleaned the ID sensors, and have included the SMC page that shows the counters on individual components. Kind of stumped on this one. Has anyone run into this?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C5503 image quality

Re: MP C5503 image quality

Try cleaning the optics, then remove the pcdu assemblies and clean the 4 slides above the laser. Check the yellow charge roller for dirt or anything in that assembly

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C5503 image quality

ah... once everything is clean, you have to do the color calibration in the user menu (copy-print)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Hi, All. I have a c5503 that has very inconsistent image quality. Image 1 is how she likes it. She printed that one in the morning. Image 2 was printed later in the day, and is very different . Same driver settings on both, PCL 6. This is a document she prints all the time, and this issue just popped up 2 days ago. I have cleaned the ID sensors, and have included the SMC page that shows the counters on individual components. Kind of stumped on this one. Has anyone run into this?
    MIAO...I see that the pcdus have some prints, I would take some time and dismantle the 4 pcdus into pieces, and clean the drums with alcohol, wash the charging rollers with soap and water, smooth the loading bar with a file wax, and clean optics, laser glasses, and ID sensors, and go calibration.I recommend you print with the pcl6 driver and switch the print driver setting from "speed" to "quality", this will makes you earn a lot!
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP C5503 image quality

Turned out there was no issue with the machine, it was all about her PC.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING