Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    I wonder what thats about?
    It makes sense if you think about it. Traditional support ends with the machine. If the customer had the ability to go into the actual driver and change anything where is the accountability? How are any resulting problems to be resolved? Hours can be lost trying to determine the nature of the problem, much less a solution- and who is liable if the changes wreck a customer's network or servers? After all, WE gave them the software, right? As it is, techs have the ability to build and test custom drivers and document what was done to prevent worst case scenarios.

I can see how it COULD be great to offer this software to customers IF they were reliably competent and willing to accept liability for potential problems. But it isn't a perfect world and Ricoh tends to play it safe.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Driver Customization

I see your point Guvnah, and I agree.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

doniiii
    Hello I'm from Thailand sorry my English is poor.
    Did you have default editor that support a Ricoh NEW product like MP C2030, MP C2550.
    Thank you

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    If you have Access to the TSCWEB.net Its there I believe.

ALSO is the Executable Packager. If you know Customer Settings and IP you can do quick installs with EXE packages.

doniiii
    Thank you but I thing only Ricoh Customer Service only.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    FYI on the Default Editor:

As already mentioned, it does not work with the older machines, such as the 3260.

It doesn't work with a lot of the newest drivers, either.

There is a newer version of the tool in the works, though, to handle the newest machines. No idea on a release date yet.

Also, as previously mentioned, PLEASE DO NOT DISTRIBUTE THE TOOL TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!! Ricoh is QUITE emphatic about that. You can get your dealership in deep doo doo by doing so.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Default editor only works with pcl5 drivers.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apache_cat View Post
    I've gotten it to work just fine with some of the PCL6 drivers.

Maybe some marketplaces are different?
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician
    I've had to do this for customers before.
    Log on to the Ricoh site and download the PCL Default Editor.
    This will allow you to have pop up windows when someone prints.

Im my situation, my customer has several different accounts, and when they print, they wanted the print job to use a different user code for accounting purposes.

I edited the driver, and every time they go to print, a pop up comes and asks for the user code. There is also a host of other settings you can change and modify, eg which tray to use, colour or none, etc.

John_551

Ralph S
    Quote Originally Posted by apache_cat View Post
    Not quite true. I have used PCL5e & c, PCL XL (6), RPCS and PS3. The issue is that Ricoh engineering (Japan) needs to make the DLL's for the driver editable. They don't always do that... Why? I don't know.

So if you can try older and newer drivers for the product. A bunch of the newest MFP's are not editable if downloaded from the Ricoh web page, but the copies that were out at the end of 2008 ( on CD's ) are.
    It is a hit and miss process.

I just needed to do it for a cuatomer using a MP6500. I got the latest driver from Ricoh, v3.3.0, and went thru making the POPUP option file. Unfortunately when substituted in the drivers library prior to installing the printer, it errored out. In trying to use the packaging tool, it also stated that the modified file is not compatable with the PCL6 version I was using as the base.

I found on an old HDD i had a copy from the end of 2008 for PCL6. This one worked. I strongly worded a note to the IT person that was going to implement this that he NOT do any driver updates as the driver will stop working altogether.

I understand Ricoh's change. the Smart Accounting (formerly SNAP ) was what these were for, and that software is about to get abandoned. No new drivers are being posted on its site on TSC.

Good luck.