Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Whats your Official Source of Infomation

Here in the Uk and europe we have Tessa support and we get DVDs or a portable HDD with the info passed round to load on to our Laptops.

Many say the us version of Tessa is better does anyone have knowledge of both?

I was wondering what sources of Info techs get Supplied with in other areas of the world?

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    We have TSCweb.net in the states. It's good, but I sometimes feel I have to hunt in multiple places for possible solutions to known problems. It's probably useless information with out a direct comparison. The grass is always greener...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Whats your Official Source of Infomation

Don't forget about FSD / DSD on the laptop - which is convenient to have the documentation on your laptop but it usually refers you to tscweb for anything other than the service manual
    73 DE W5SSJ

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    I just think it's a little silly to have some things on a TSB, some things on the Goose Guide and some things on the Global Knowledgebase. Sometimes the stuff overlaps, but sometimes it doesn't. Then there is the random info you might get from a Ricoh rep. Seems like some of it could be consolidated to be more effecive and less time consuming.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobiray View Post
    I just think it's a little silly to have some things on a TSB, some things on the Goose Guide and some things on the Global Knowledgebase. Sometimes the stuff overlaps, but sometimes it doesn't. Then there is the random info you might get from a Ricoh rep. Seems like some of it could be consolidated to be more effecive and less time consuming.
    So its not just europe which has loads of different sources of Info for Ricoh products.

Only problem with the Goose guide for me is every other answer seems to be change wire in corona unit

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cobiray View Post
    Sheesh!
    Next you'll be asking for an MP4000 that runs PM to PM.

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.