Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    evanz

Thanx Cyclops

Cyclops' Document hooked it up for me, was unfamiliar with where exactly the folder settings were on these Ricohs.

terrymac5

Thanks kopykat!

I'm the default IT guy for a small non-profit. We inherited a Ricoh 1022 sans manuals, cd, etc. I was able to get everything working, especially scanrouter lite, with your tips. I look like a hero but I'll give you the credit.

My PC on the network is the "server" and I don't see how to set up or route scans to other destinations (on our network neighborhood). Is that possible? We're all XP.

Thanks again,
    Terry

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    help with scanning ricoh 1022/2027's

on the scan server open the address book and list the clients (by computer name) that will be the recipients.
    Then on each client install "Document Link" Right click on DL and configure to (a) find the server and (b) either auto fget the scan or wait and ask for it.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

terrymac5
    Thanks! I think I've got what I need.

Robocow

Ricoh 1022 Scanning issue

Similalr issue. Our Aficio 1022 (networked) won't scan from a new WIndows 7 based computer. It is recognized as a printer. It pulls up and prints other PDF files. It just won't scan. Acrobat 9 shuts down when asked to scan. Downloads (TWAIN) from the RICOH corporate website have not remedied the issue.

Is there an easier way? Am I just lame? Many thanks for your great help.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    I don't see Windows 7 Twain Drivers for the Ricoh 1022/Savin 2522.

I see Windows Vista 32 bit drivers, not 64 bit drivers, Those make work on your windows 7 if you are not using 64 bit. I am pretty sure this machine doesn't scan to folder.

Maybe setup scan to email?

Robocow
    Thank you. I think you're right.

It must be an interface issue. Or, perhaps a firmware upgrade is in order. Has anyone heard of one?

I removed the 1022 completely with all drivers and am replacing it with the "PCL 5e Driver" (from Ricoh's website) which indicates it is 64 bit. But my guess is this would likely turn out to be a printer driver only. I'm nevertheless giving it a try.

I wish it were as easy as merely downloading the TWAIN. But, the TWAIN is no longer the "Little TWAIN That Could" at least in this application.

Many thanks for everyone's thoughts.

G.

Yeah the PCL5e is just a printer driver. Nothing to do with scanning..

As for firmware updates. Not a chance. That model is in the series I would say 4 Generations Back.

Savin provided Firmware for the

8025/8035/8045 series that had come out I think a year before Vista.
    SOME of the 40 series. I think 4035e/4045e got firmware upgrades. The series before that.. the 2522/2535/2545 wasn't touched and won't be I figure.
    Newest current Series is 9025/9035/9045. Vista & I bet Win 7 firmware supports comes integrated .

Robocow
    Thanks for the reply.

My laptop is also on the network and is Windows Vista. Acrobat 8 is loaded. It too doesn't cause the 1022 to scan but does cause it to print.

Think there's a chance I can get scanning going with the laptop?

As long as it is Windows Vista 32 Bit. yes Savin has the 32 Bit Vista Twain Driver.