Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    owner/technican

Unhappy help with scanning ricoh 1022/2027's

i have never installed a machine to a network or computor for scanning. allways had a IT man do it. now i need to start doing it he moved away. i installed the ricoh scanner driver cd type 2027, but the machine does not find it. i know this is a easy job but can someone help step by step instructions and how to make the scanner work. maybe i need a different program to scan. thanks howard

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    You should have picked your IT person's brain before he 'moved away'...is that code for layoff due to financial cutbacks?

The 1027 can scan to folder and twain scan, the 2027 can scan to email, folder and twain.

The driver you installed sounds like the Twain driver. This will not do network delivery scanning to folders. Twain is a 'pull' driver which the user uses to pull the documents into software programs such as PaperPort, Adobe Acrobat Full ver, etc.

For network delivery to a folder 'push' you need a software called ScanRouter Lite, Pro or Enterprise. If you have never installed this...well...you are in for a treat. Pack a lunch...probably dinner too.

How do you want to deliver the documents to the desktop? Via the network 'push' or 'pull' (Twain).

Whoever told you this is an easy install is either very experienced in network installs or is yanking your chain. Do yourself a favor and spend some time reading the specs and the Scanner Reference Op Manuals to decide what kind of scanning the customer needs.

Being that you don't ANY experience installing printers or scanners. You are running blind here. Sorry for being so blunt.

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.

owner/technican
    thanks for reply. the IT man i used owned his business and think he moved in the middle of the night. i have and do install lots of printers for customers but have never installed a scan machine. this customer is a CPA needs to scan tax returns into his computor. i would say after reading your post the push driver is what i need. will get the scan manual out and read it. after 25 years in business you would think i would know how to do this but hever got around to it. thanks howard

Here...I found this in my archive. The ScanRouter Lite Management guide. Hope this saves you some time and headaches.

An important fact to know is that Ricoh no longer supports the Lite ver of ScanRouter and took it off their site. If you have the disk, great. If not you can still download it from the Savin web site:
    http://support.aficio.com/bb/pub_e/d...0/z02671L8.exe

Also...Open Add an exception to the firewall TCP 3670
    Last edited by KopyKat; 03-08-2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Added important info

Two more guides to help.

Also to Push scan you must turn on the Delivery Server in User Tools/Admin/File Transfer.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    help with scanning ricoh 1022/2027's

I think in this case scan to folder would be the best choice.
    TWAIN doesnt support PDF, SR is a PITA to install and maintain. and Scan to Folder doesnt require any additional software.
    Just my $0.02

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts neocozhu's Avatar
    yep u are so good , in China, no one will tell u this , i love this place

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    I think in this case scan to folder would be the best choice.
    TWAIN doesnt support PDF, SR is a PITA to install and maintain. and Scan to Folder doesnt require any additional software.
    Just my $0.02
    The 1027 wont scan SMB but the 2027 will. I was assuming he wanted one solution for both models.

I would go with SMB over SRLite any day of the week.

cyclops

Use scan to folder or SMB

This is what I suggest you offer up.Attachment 1096

ianj

SMB scanning problem

Hi, none of this quite helped me. I couldn't get the scan to network to send to the shares I had set up on our server. After a bit of tracking down I realised that I could send to everything except the domain controllers. The following link Accessing a Windows 2003 Share from OS X — All in the head

shows what needs to be done to allow the copier to access the server shares. Hope this helps someone else.

Regards,

I