Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Technician

Thumbs down New MP4000 Dev Unit

Has anyone installed one of the new MP4000 Dev Units out in the field? And how has it help if at all the build up on the mag roll? I installed one about 3 weeks ago and checked on it today and looks like the CQ is getting light already. But they are closer to the max volume limit for this machine, about 20K in 3 weeks.

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noj7373 View Post
    Has anyone installed one of the new MP4000 Dev Units out in the field? And how has it help if at all the build up on the mag roll? I installed one about 3 weeks ago and checked on it today and looks like the CQ is getting light already. But they are closer to the max volume limit for this machine, about 20K in 3 weeks.
    I have a co-worker that installed one a week ago, seems the machine has run down to the minimal toner, almost grey, and add toner lighted up. no more details but ill updade you tomorrow, since I donīt know the come out of the call.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Meh. I don't think it is going to be a final solution, from what I've heard. I've had the newest ones (the ones with the addition of two more smaller filters on the end) and haven't had the scumming as bad or as often, but it still comes back. I'm so sick of these machines.

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iMind View Post
    I have a co-worker that installed one a week ago, seems the machine has run down to the minimal toner, almost grey, and add toner lighted up. no more details but ill updade you tomorrow, since I donīt know the come out of the call.
    False alarm, the other toner cap was left in the toner hopper.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Dev unit 335

I replaced the dev unit in a Lanier LD335 several months ago. (sorry don't recall Ricoh name for it- it's the precursor to the MP4000 with the same toner/dev)

I have also replaced the PCU assembly.

Nothing improved the machine. It still coats the mag roll and goes light and packs the waste toner path like clockwork. It needs the PCU cleaned out about every 20-25K and needs new dev about every 60-80K.

These new machines are fun stuff.

*EDIT*

Oops- didn't realize there was a new unit available. I'm going to have to try one out.
    Last edited by Guvnah; 03-12-2009 at 04:54 AM. Reason: duh

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar
    I haven't had one bounce on me as yet, and it's not like there haven't been problems before the new dev units were fitted, but confidence in this model has been shot to bits. I'm waiting for the calls...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    New MP4000 Dev Unit

MP 4000 Dev unit

Anyone got a part number for this new dev unit? And what changes have they made?
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Some of us are experimenting with Brillianize on the mag rollers. After cleaning them up of course. Since how team has heard about it, which was only a few weeks ago, we have done several but have not been able to check back in on any of them as of yet.

One tech went on a called for a shadowing condition and after cleaning the mag roller with alcohol, followed by a good wipe down with Brillianize, plus following the adjustments outline in the TSB #007 for the D011 family and it worked great. This machine would only run about two weeks until it would start shadowing again. So far it's been just about that, two weeks, so we'll have to wait and see.

But, one thing I can say is that we have not had any problems from using the Brillianize on the mag rollers. Now if I could just get the guys to use it for other things...

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Anyone got a part number for this new dev unit? And what changes have they made?
    TSB#34 my friend

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    New MP4000 Dev Unit

Quote Originally Posted by unisys12 View Post
    TSB#34 my friend
    It may be TSB 34 in your neck of the woods but out here it will be RTB and 6 digits. Have just searched thru Ricoh Oz's Tech site and have found no reference to an upgraded dev unit, so is there a chance you could be a little more forthcoming with some info?

Also what the hell is Brillianize? Some sort of South American hair oil?
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.