Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts copyman20's Avatar

SMB Scanning from IS200e to Vista home 64bit

Has anyone been able to set one of these monsters up with these settings.

Got a customer who has a Vista Home premium 64bit and is trying to use her Ricoh IS200e to scan to it. The scanner was scanning to a win 2K computer before. I have done all the adjusment that I would normally do on Vista Home Premium to get it to accecpt SMB scans from MFPs. however, from this scanner, it tells me that i have the wrong login or some sh*t. I know that my settings are correct because i can see the folder from other PC running w2k & XP on the network.

Thanks in advance

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar
    I had a similar issue on an MPc2800 when I set this up for one of our sales rats so that he could do an on-site demonstration on his Vista laptop. It worked fine once I'd changed the file sharing settings etc then the next day, mysteriously, it stopped working again and no settings seemed to have changed. I kept getting an authentication failure message on the copier when I did a connection test.

I never did get it working again, although this was because I gave up fairly quickly and set it up on my XP laptop instead, which took all of 5 minutes.

I'd be interested to know what the solution is.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Rorschach's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copyman20 View Post
    Has anyone been able to set one of these monsters up with these settings.

Got a customer who has a Vista Home premium 64bit and is trying to use her Ricoh IS200e to scan to it. The scanner was scanning to a win 2K computer before. I have done all the adjusment that I would normally do on Vista Home Premium to get it to accecpt SMB scans from MFPs. however, from this scanner, it tells me that i have the wrong login or some sh*t. I know that my settings are correct because i can see the folder from other PC running w2k & XP on the network.

Thanks in advance

You'll need to update the CMBU firmware on the scanner to version 2.2.0 to allow for SMB scanning in a Vista environment.

And the best part about it is... The IS200e will only accept firmware from a 64MB or less SD card. Whee! Fun's a-poppin'!

I'll never forget the look on the Fry's drone when I walked up to him and asked for a 64MB SD card.

"You mean 64 gig, right?"
    "No. 64 meg."
    "Umm... Err... Do they even make those any more?"

I looked up the Ricoh part number that afternoon and ordered the damn thing direct. Heh.
    Today's subliminal quote is:

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copyman20's Avatar
    I could never get the SMB part working. I did the firmware update, even stayed on the phone with Ricoh tech support for half hour before they came back and said that they couldn't get the 64bit Vista computer to smb scan either. However, I got Scan Router lite to work with the Vista 64bit only if I installed it to run as service.

Good luck.

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Do a search for SMB in the Ricoh/Savin/Gestetner section. There is a Windows update for SMB communication and a link to the Windows update for it that I posted awhile back.

TMack409

Re: SMB Scanning from IS200e to Vista home 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by copyman20 View Post
    I could never get the SMB part working. I did the firmware update, even stayed on the phone with Ricoh tech support for half hour before they came back and said that they couldn't get the 64bit Vista computer to smb scan either. However, I got Scan Router lite to work with the Vista 64bit only if I installed it to run as service.

Good luck.
    I got the SCU firmware updated easily. ('.mot' files thru an SP 1-020 mode switch).

[There is another process for updating the Network firmware (NCU?) But I don't think NCU firmware was ever posted for this model???]

It's the CMBU update that is a lot more challenging! (these are '.bin' files in the CMBU update). I tried using both the network firmware process and the SP mode process (for the SCU). The SP mode process yields a "Check SD card error". The network update process yields nothing. What is the secret to applying these .bin files??

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMack409 View Post
    I got the SCU firmware updated easily. ('.mot' files thru an SP 1-020 mode switch).

[There is another process for updating the Network firmware (NCU?) But I don't think NCU firmware was ever posted for this model???]

It's the CMBU update that is a lot more challenging! (these are '.bin' files in the CMBU update). I tried using both the network firmware process and the SP mode process (for the SCU). The SP mode process yields a "Check SD card error". The network update process yields nothing. What is the secret to applying these .bin files??
    This post is from 2009, so I think the issue has been resolved...

TMack409

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    This post is from 2009, so I think the issue has been resolved...
    Well, perhaps I should have started a new thread? But I was stuck at updating firmware...
    The secret was unlocked inside the G421 (is300e) manual: When updating the .bin files, you must retain the .txt file [on the SD card] which is also contained in the download of the .bin files for the CMBU update.
    Thanks!

bitwise

I know this thread is very old. However, I have one of these machines running 1.6.6. I would like to get this thing running again as I cannot use Scan Router anymore. After calling Ricoh, they told me the only way to get the firmware update was to have a tech come out and install it for me. They would not sell me the SD card.

Does anyone know a way around this?