Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Like I always told my kids when they were young, "You can't be embarrassed when your friends see you somewhere you rather they hadn't, because they are there too". Hence, we're all losers!

Good night.....
    Come on Fulham!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    We need to push Ricoh to offer us the availabilty of the charge roller assy. on this model. It would be easy for them to offer up a part number for that but then again, they wouldn't be making near as much as selling us the whole pcu assy.

Service Manager 250+ Posts bonnie750's Avatar
    I'll add my input here. Althugh a metal pin has been inserted into the plug on the back of the pcu it doesn't prevent filing the plug down add lifting out the pin.

I clean the charge roller with T-cut or similar, Jif will do. a good clean takes 5 minutes and the cq is excellent. Obviously there would be no point if the drum was shagged.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar

athena apollon pcu

I've had the same problem with these drums, I used to just swap them and chenge the harness, however I now clean the pcu at every service call (charge roller and blade) and ALWAYS change the dev on 160k. Since doing this we now get 90-100k out of the drums.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    We had a batch of new black drum units come in the other week and I noticed they have changed the charge roller to a tougher looking brown one that seem to be more resilient.
    The TD connector also no longer has epoxy on one side of it (was a waste of time anyway).

When I compared a black and colour drum unit side by side for the MPC2800/3300/4000/5000 it looked like it could still be done, but to date I've not replaced any colour drum units on these newer models.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks guys, really useful info, I'll put it to good use straight away!

Sleep's for sleepy people
    Haha it must be a thing among technicians or something... I sleep very little as well, there are so many things that need time so I can't rest anyway. Even now, 01.43 on a monday morning I'm working. I must be out of my mind!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC20_25_30_35_4500 drums (B223 2027)

My two bobs worth on MP C4500 drums

One week-end last autumn the tempreture dropped 10 deg over night, the result was the phones ran hot Monday morning with customers complaining about banding on their MP C 3500/4500 copiers. Any drum that was close to its 80k life started putting black lines across the copy, but only on the front end of the drum. It seems that the drums took exeption to cooler air on the front end of the drums but it didnt reach the back of the copier to upset the rear.
    Of course we didn't have enough drums in stock and I had to raid the show room copiers and any trade-ins to get enough drums to pull us out of the poo until the next shipment of spare parts arrived.
    Now autumn is here again I'm about to get the storeman to increase his shelf stock so we dont get caught again.

Did anybody else experience this problem when the weather changed?
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The weather over here is very changing, it can increase or drop as much as 15-20 degrees (it also drops below 0 very often) from day to night or day to day, also humidity changes since it's cold and dry one day and warm and snowy the next. But I've never seen anything like that...

You would think it shouldn't matter what the weather is like outside when the copier is inside a warm office, but it sure does...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar
    Our weather swings between dull and cold and duller and colder here, making it pretty hard to tell. It gets damp rather than wet some days too.